48 44.44%
  • Herm Edwards

13 12.04%
  • Chan Gailey

9 8.33%
  • Mike Shannahan

31 28.70%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the next KC Head Coach for 2009?

Default Who will be the next KC Head Coach for 2009?

John Gruden

Todd Haley

Herm Edwards

Chan Gailey

Mike Shannahan

Seriously. How and where did Chris Mortenson get his sources to report that Shanny was our new HC?
    Piss-poor job on Morts part to report nothing but rumours and inuendo as fact on espn...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Didn't know about that. I thought he just signed another year contract as a commentater...
    He did but it's funny that as soon as something changes, the rumors of Cowher come back to life. There are rumors out there that he bought a house in Leawood, KS.

Rumors are just merely rumors

Haley seems to be the most likely candidate at this point.

Well Carls gone and now Herms gone, we, well most of us got our Christmas wish. As in the past the rumors will fly in and then fly out so until Pioli makes an anouncement, it's just wonder, wait and see. Shanahan, Haley or wild Bill, nothing at this point would suprise me!

Until we have someone else, I refuse to give up on Cowher myself. But anything is better than Shanahan.

I agree with Vandelay,

Bring on the Marvelous Mandible!!!
    Navy Nuclear Power Credo:
    We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing
    and Ungrateful, do the Impossible.
    We have been doing so much,
    for so long, with so little
    We are now Qualified to do Anything with Nothing!

I just read an interesting stat in an article in the KC Star:

"But consider this: No Super Bowl-winning coach has ever gone on to another team and won another Super Bowl. That list includes Holmgren, Mike Ditka, Dick Vermeil and Parcells."
    Navy Nuclear Power Credo:
    We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing
    and Ungrateful, do the Impossible.
    We have been doing so much,
    for so long, with so little
    We are now Qualified to do Anything with Nothing!

1. I'm not into retread coaches who got canned from their previous team. There's more to wins and losses that led them to the guillotine.
    2. I'm not into hiring college head coaches for an NFL job unless they have previous NFL experience. If they do have previous NFL experience, then refer to #1. That said,

Who do I want for head coach? Todd Haley
    Who will be the next head coach? Todd Haley

Haley is a young Cowher, only an O-coordinator. What you see on the tube is what you get. Takes no crap from any player and wins ballgames. At this point in Chiefs history, Kansas City needs an iron-fisted coach with a great football mind, much like Cowher, Belichick, Parcells, etc. If KC wants a "players coach", someone the players really like and respect and a man of "great integrity", then head to KCI airport and stop Herm from getting his ticket on One-way Expresss. The days of Coach Kumbaya are over.

I live in Phoenix (GO CARDS!) and fortunately, we are bombed with the daily SuperBowl news. The duck and weave by Haley with the local news boys when asked about the Chiefs HC position rivals Muhammad Ali. Anytime someone starts the first sentence of their answer with a smirk or smile, somethin's up.

Last I checked, the Arizona Cardinals, yes the Cardinals, are SuperBowl-bound and in great part because of two coaches...Wisenhunt and Haley. If KC wants to restore credibility and win, trust me, Haley's the guy.

Im not sold on Haley. We dont have the leagues best reciever tandem, and a 2 time MVP super bowl winning QB, so we cant expect that same kind of passing attack they have had down there for the past few years. Also, its one thing for a coach at players, it shows something else when the players yell back. (excluding TO)

That being said,if they choose him, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, becuase he hasnt shown he is a poor head coach yet. (like Herm did before we traded a 4th for him!)

I don't like Haley for two simple reasons. He has had one good year as a coordinator and he got into a yelling match with Boldin. Those are the only factors that make him stick out to be a good head coach? Come on and get real. This trend of trying to find the next young star as a coach is getting rediculous. Go out and offer the bank to Cowher and get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. :smilies_musik45:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast