Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Dennis Green in Kansas City?

Default Why is Dennis Green in Kansas City?

For what it's worth, I just saw Dennis Green and some guy in a nice suit eating at Ruth/Chris Steak House? I don't know who the suit was (it wasn't Pioli, I know what he looks like), but I know Dennis Green. I hope it's a coincidence, and I can't imagine Scott Pioli would hire a ne'er-do-well like Green.

You shoulda asked him, ha. joking.

maybe he came in for a interview. maybe he is doing it cuz that rooney rule where u have to interview atleast one black coach. Pioli is doing everything under the radar though i might add. it sucks and dont understand what you benefit out of it.

wait for it... wait for it..........

THE BEARS ARE WE THOUGHT THEY WERE......now if you wanna crown em, then crown their ***! we let em off the hook!

Default More...

I wasn't close enough to hear them, but Denny was well dressed. Fatter than hell, but well dressed.

Could be a Rooney Rule thing, I hadn't thought of that. Still, just the thought of Dennis Green coaching my beloved Chiefs is enough to make me want to puke.

Green's behavior in Minnesota was appalling. He had at least two instances of sexual harrassment settled before trial. He'd bring a culture of sleaze to the Chiefs, so I hope with all my heart he was just in town for other reasons.

If this is true, the Rooney rule thing makes sense. That would mean the Shanny rumor might hold some ground.
    I kinda feel bad for the black coaches that go through routine interviews knowing they aren't really being considered. That's why this rule is so stupid. We are living in an age where we finally have a black president, a black coach has won the super bowl another is coaching in one here in a week or so. I seriously doubt many GMs take race into consideration when hiring a coach. If Dungy or Tomlin were looking for coaching jobs right now, they'd be the first two hired. Rules like this remind us of our past and do very little to help us move on. Get rid of this rule and spare everyone the embarassment.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    If this is true, the Rooney rule thing makes sense. That would mean the Shanny rumor might hold some ground.
    I kinda feel bad for the black coaches that go through routine interviews knowing they aren't really being considered. That's why this rule is so stupid. We are living in an age where we finally have a black president, a black coach has won the super bowl another is coaching in one here in a week or so. I seriously doubt many GMs take race into consideration when hiring a coach. If Dungy or Tomlin were looking for coaching jobs right now, they'd be the first two hired. Rules like this remind us of our past and do very little to help us move on. Get rid of this rule and spare everyone the embarassment.
    quoted for truth... terrible, terrible rule.

i am sure this is to satisfy the rooney rule regardless of who might be seriously considered. and it is not shanahan, at least not yet

Don't think its Rooney rule. Pioli interviewed Herm twice.
    Maybe our new DC?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i am sure this is to satisfy the rooney rule regardless of who might be seriously considered. and it is not shanahan, at least not yet
    But the thing is, you can't even interview another coach until you fire the current one, so if this is true, it means that they've already fired Herm and haven't announced it. I'm sure we'd all know by now, though.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast