Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: kiper has us taking sanchez at # 3

Default kiper has us taking sanchez at # 3

mel kiper jr has his 2009 mock draft on espn .com he has us taking sanchez as our first pick in the draft.i am not so sure about sanchez he does not have to much experiance i guess we will see

How about trading for Tom Brady? He's almost 6 years older than Cassell. With his age and knee injury, he could be a cheaper option than Cassell. He'd provide the bridge needed to draft a QBOTF and the leadership and example needed for grooming a young QB.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    How about trading for Tom Brady? He's almost 6 years older than Cassell. With his age and knee injury, he could be a cheaper option than Cassell. He'd provide the bridge needed to draft a QBOTF and the leadership and example needed for grooming a young QB.

Just a thought.
    NE already said that he will be the starter once he's healthy so I don't see how he'd be cheaper than Cassel. Their team did jack squat even with Cassel playing good and it just proved that Brady was the heartbeat of the team, plus he gives NE the hometown discount so I really don't think he would want to leave. We'd have to give up a boatload of money to lure him away from his home. Plus, he's a prettyboy who attracts unwanted attention with his celebrity lifestyle. We're not about that in KC; you hear me LJ? I'd rather have a hardnosed guy like Rothlesberger or even Thigpen.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

We do not need Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    NE already said that he will be the starter once he's healthy so I don't see how he'd be cheaper than Cassel. Their team did jack squat even with Cassel playing good and it just proved that Brady was the heartbeat of the team, plus he gives NE the hometown discount so I really don't think he would want to leave. We'd have to give up a boatload of money to lure him away from his home. Plus, he's a prettyboy who attracts unwanted attention with his celebrity lifestyle. We're not about that in KC; you hear me LJ? I'd rather have a hardnosed guy like Rothlesberger or even Thigpen.
    But it is not a crazy idea. If we traded away 2010 picks for Brady (would cost us more picks, but its TOM BRADY), used this season's picks for OT at 3 and other linemen in the draft, then it is a viable option. Plus, there was a lot of talk about Tom being traded instead Cassel before the Patriots were out of the playoffs.

But yeah, not going to happen. Cassel does good for the Patriots. But Tom Brady is a Hall of Fame QB. You go with the guy who proved he can win the big one.

I've decided if we don't go LT at #3, then Jenkins would be my pick. I know Flowers did a good job last season, but Jenkins is a lock-down CB. The Chiefs don't have that right now and other than LT, no other player would be worth that #3 spot right now, IMO. I know a lot of people think we're set at CB right now with Leggett and Carr opposite Flowers. But, a Jenkins/Flowers combo looks a lot better than a Flowers/Carr or Leggett combo.

My first choice would still be LT to bolster the O-line, but I've decided I'd be ok with a franchise, lock-down CB at that #3 spot and be finished with the CB position for the next decade.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567