Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs will retain Chan Gailey

Hybrid View

Default Chiefs will retain Chan Gailey

Adam Schefter reported that the Chiefs denied Tampa Bay authorization to talk to Chan Gailey.

It is apparent that they Chiefs do not want to let go of his services.

Now for some speculation. Some think the next HC is already named, and is confortable with Chan as his OC. The next speculation step is keeping Chan as interim HC for a year until the ideal HC is availale, or Chan could be that dark horse.

There is also a friend of a friend of a friend rumor that the Chiefs are going to retain Herm as lead scout. Herm himself has been quoted as saying he was interested in getting into the business side of football. Given that, I would still think he would be at the Senior Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Adam Schefter reported that the Chiefs denied Tampa Bay authorization to talk to Chan Gailey.

It is apparent that they Chiefs do not want to let go of his services.

Now for some speculation. Some think the next HC is already named, and is confortable with Chan as his OC. The next speculation step is keeping Chan as interim HC for a year until the ideal HC is availale, or Chan could be that dark horse.

There is also a friend of a friend of a friend rumor that the Chiefs are going to retain Herm as lead scout. Herm himself has been quoted as saying he was interested in getting into the business side of football. Given that, I would still think he would be at the Senior Bowl.
    Good for Chan. A nice guy and good OC. I don't see Gailey as a long term coaching solution, but after seeing how the offense overachieved for him in 2008, I'm more than OK with his being our HC in 2009.

Also, it probably means we stick with Thigpen for 2009, and that we don't draft a QBOTF in this draft.

at this point dumping herm, giving chan the reigns for as year doesn't sound bad

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    at this point dumping herm, giving chan the reigns for as year doesn't sound bad
    Tell me where Chan has been a successful HC? He is another Norv Turner. Great OC, not so good HC.

We do not need that.

i didn't say he was the answer for us as head coach, only that he would be an improvement over herm, and would only be an interim coach.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post

If they make Chan the head coach I will not watch my Chiefs next year...
    "matriculate the ball up the field, boys,"

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    I will watch my Chiefs EVERY year!! No matter the circumstances surrounding their management.
    I love the Chiefs!!!!!!!!!
    SHUT IT

Keep in mind they did the same thing with Gunther, and he wound up leaving anyway. If you are going to clean house, CLEAN HOUSE. After a 2-14 season, nobody's job should be safe!!

I don't think you have to worry about Chan being the next HC. If he's kept on it will be in a OC role, which I think they liked the way he used Thigpen. (and so did I) I hope the rumors are true about Shannahan, he would be the perfect choice for this young team, plus he knows the AFC West.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Come on now, I've said things like that... let's not get carried away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast