Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don't Hate Herm

Default Don't Hate Herm

Everyone continues to insist on downing Herm and calling him a horrible coach. He was doing what he could with what he had. Which, i'm not sure if you noticed, is close to nothing.

He and Peterson had an pretty darn good Draft last year. You guys want to win, but that isn't gonna happen for another year or so. Its called a "Rebuilding" stage for a reason. Its long and not very fun.

His first year as HC he had all of Dick Vermeil's left overs. He didn't even get to start his process until his second season.

He helped bring one of the best Draft classes in last year. Give him some credit. He is very passionate about the team, the game, his players. Give him some credit.

I don't hate Herm, I just don't want him as our coach. But I would like to knwo who our coach is going to be, maybe sooner rather than later. But it has made for interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by KCCAT21 View Post
    I don't hate Herm, I just don't want him as our coach. But I would like to knwo who our coach is going to be, maybe sooner rather than later. But it has made for interesting reading.
    Ask and receive.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HA

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Everyone continues to insist on downing Herm and calling him a horrible coach. He was doing what he could with what he had. Which, i'm not sure if you noticed, is close to nothing.

He and Peterson had an pretty darn good Draft last year. You guys want to win, but that isn't gonna happen for another year or so. Its called a "Rebuilding" stage for a reason. Its long and not very fun.

His first year as HC he had all of Dick Vermeil's left overs. He didn't even get to start his process until his second season.

He helped bring one of the best Draft classes in last year. Give him some credit. He is very passionate about the team, the game, his players. Give him some credit.
    Herm is the HC of record for the Chiefs worste season in Chiefs History and he is also on record for the second worste.

I am glad the Fer is Fing gone. I am happy.

The so called best draft class, didn't show up in real game time. It was pure disapointment. Fact of the matter, everyone Herm has drafted has been a disapointment except for the corners. Every Free agent he brought in was crap.

This is a glorious day.

New GM, New HC, New DC. This off-season is almost as exciting as the regular season!! Now we got 2 major coaching hires to make and can't wait to see who Pioli brings in. Just not sure why he kept Herm hanging on a thread these past couple weeks....
    SHUT IT

I will say it once, I will say it again.

Dont make excuses for the guy. NO MATTER WHAT HAND YOU ARE DEALT YOU MUST WIN MORE THAN 2 GAMES.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    New GM, New HC, New DC. This off-season is almost as exciting as the regular season!! Now we got 2 major coaching hires to make and can't wait to see who Pioli brings in. Just not sure why he kept Herm hanging on a thread these past couple weeks....
    The only reason to me that he kept Herm this long is because he didn't want to appear biased and just come in and clear everyone out. That to me signals that he just wants to clean house and not even worry about if there's any talent there. We all knew for the most part there wasn't or else we wouldn't have been 6-26 over the past two years. All I know is that most people aren't ready to Pioli anymore. As for me it's time to head to the bar for a truely happy hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post

Chalk it up as a learning experience, coach Edwards plan's just didn't work out as he or those in the organization, including the players brought in had intended.

You can rebuild a team without having every player be a 1st or 2nd year player. That was his biggest mistake. If Herm and Carl would have resigned Jared Allen and signed a LT in free agency last year, this team would have had a drastically different season.

He replaced every nut and bolt on the car, but the car only needed then engine overhauled.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    You can rebuild a team without having every player be a 1st or 2nd year player. That was his biggest mistake. If Herm and Carl would have resigned Jared Allen and signed a LT in free agency last year, this team would have had a drastically different season.

He replaced every nut and bolt on the car, but the car only needed then engine overhauled.
    To continue with your comparison, he replaced the engine too, downgrading from a V6 to a 4 banger :P. The pass rush is like a lawnmower on a quartermile dragstrip.

Mostly his hands were tied by pedersen so I cant totally blame him for the downfall of the chiefs !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast