Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Hate Herm

Default Don't Hate Herm

Everyone continues to insist on downing Herm and calling him a horrible coach. He was doing what he could with what he had. Which, i'm not sure if you noticed, is close to nothing.

He and Peterson had an pretty darn good Draft last year. You guys want to win, but that isn't gonna happen for another year or so. Its called a "Rebuilding" stage for a reason. Its long and not very fun.

His first year as HC he had all of Dick Vermeil's left overs. He didn't even get to start his process until his second season.

He helped bring one of the best Draft classes in last year. Give him some credit. He is very passionate about the team, the game, his players. Give him some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Everyone continues to insist on downing Herm and calling him a horrible coach. He was doing what he could with what he had. Which, i'm not sure if you noticed, is close to nothing.

He and Peterson had an pretty darn good Draft last year. You guys want to win, but that isn't gonna happen for another year or so. Its called a "Rebuilding" stage for a reason. Its long and not very fun.

His first year as HC he had all of Dick Vermeil's left overs. He didn't even get to start his process until his second season.

He helped bring one of the best Draft classes in last year. Give him some credit. He is very passionate about the team, the game, his players. Give him some credit.
    The only credit he has is a losing record with two teams over 8 years. Sorry, while Herm may be an okay talent scout, he's a terrible head coach.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I agree. I don't think he is a very good HC. But he still deserves credit for putting a, what I believe is a good team together so far. I just don't get why he is getting mauled for losing with a very very young and inexperienced team. Everyone knew thats what was gonna happen when he said he was gonna rebuild.

I think Herm is a great guy, someone I wish was my next door neighbor. But he is a terrible HC. The chiefs lost so many of those games last year because of bad coaching, and clock management. Yes, they were a young team, but an average coach would have won at least 5 games last year. I wish it would have worked out for him, but it is time for the Chiefs to find a new HC.

I will agree with that Herm isn't a good coach. While he was/is rebuilding there were three or four games in which we had a shot or were ahead at half. Then when we came out it seemed like we went conservative or were trying to bleed two quarters. We went from trying to win to trying not to lose. That's a head coaching decision and if you aren't willing to man up and say hey, this is my fault instead of "I don't know why we can't win" then you need to be gone. Admit that you would be better served being in a different role.

I'd also add that it's GREAT that we've got a lot of great new talent but for cry eye we were 30 million under the cap and no one thought hey...we can bring in some good vet's to not only shore up spots but mentor these great new prospects. IMHO it's time for Herm to either change positions or leave the Chiefs altogether.

No. Herm's drafting abilities are vastly overrated. His gametime coaching is the worst in the league. He's been nothing but a disaster for the Chiefs.

Rebuilding a team isn't the process of cleaning out all your talented players, popping in a bunch of rookies, and hoping for the best. According to you, Herm's had two years to put his own team together. And his own team stinks.

His QBOTF was brittle and never won a game.

He helped get LJ that asinine contract extension.

He pushed for FAs like Demorrio Williams, Napo Harris, Donnie Edwards, McIntosh, Devard Darling and every other free agent that's busted out the past two years.

He was a large part of our trading one of the best DEs in the league.

He saddled our defense with a terrible Cover 2 defense, and cut/traded worthwhile personnel (K. Mitchell, J. Wilkerson, JA, etc.) that he didn't think fit.

He put together a defense that was worst all time in the NFL last season in sacks, and one of the worst in the league in every category.

He chose Mike Solari to be his OC.

Of all of his drafts, only Albert, Carr, Flowers, Pollard, and Bowe (who he didn't want) look like NFL starters right now.

Herm Edwards was the worst thing to ever happen to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Hey, this guy's record over the past 2 years is 6 - 26. That says it all. I didn't expect him to make the playoffs, but did you watch that game against Cincinnati? Did you watch them blow a 10 point lead with 72 seconds left to SD. Did you watch them roll over to Oakland at home. Did you see Herm totally blow the last 2 minutes before half time agianst the Jets by not being able to decide what he wants to do. Worst DL in NFL History! Set every misserable record known to football. NO WAY MAN. Now we're screwed. There isn't a decent DE in the draft, and getting a good FA now will eat up that cap money. So many bad decisions. And he counts victories by close losses. Wow, he had a good draft, big deal. You don't even know that most of these guys would have made it on other teams. They had no competition in KC. All we've got is a good secondary and a good WR. We've got more holes than a fishing net and Herm and Carl can take most of the blame. No, not giving him any slack. It was a failed experiment.

This is tough topic...A coach can only do so much. Its up to the players to get the job done on the field. It shouldnt mainly be because of the coaches. But your right about him always going conservative late in the game which just didnt work with the RB's we had this past season. He should have just kept the ball in the young mans hands and let him throw it around in his comfortable spread offence. All in all...I wouldnt be surprised to see Herm back next year only because as you can all see, Pioli is a man that isnt quick on making a decision because in the end he wants to make the right choice unlike some GM's when they come in...they just fire the coach right away without even getting to the know guy, just because the whole city wants the coach to get fired doesnt mean it is always the right move.

Yes he and Carl had a Great draft but the players are only as good as there coaches, and coaches dont tell the local press "I've done all I can do it's now up to the players" He's not a HC, not by any standard.......

the credit I can give Herm is that he's a good def. strategist. But when you have Herm's old school defense with Gun's modern hooligan tricks it doesn't work well.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast