Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Shanny may be new HC

Default Shanny may be new HC

Just heard on ESPN.....

WOW!

Schefter has known Shanahan for years, dating back to when Schefter was a local-sports-TV guy in Denver. I'd be hard pressed to believe that Schefter is wrong when it comes to the area of the Denver Broncos - Unless there's something gone horribly wrong with the relationship since Shanny was fired.

To paraphrase the immortal George Brett, rootin' for Shanahan is like kissing your sister, it just ain't right.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    Schefter also shot down every other recent rumor that ended up being true. He shot down the rumor about Gun to Detroit and kept saying that we weren't even close to making a deal with Pioli when we hired him practically the next day. The only reason he holds any ground here is because he's aparently butt-buddies with Shanny but I'd laugh my *** off if Shannahan and his sources flat out lied to him. He says Shannahan is not coming here and he doesn't have him on tape saying that he's not, he's basing it all off the fact that he hasn't heard anything and he's supposed to be the first one to know. He's a little prick and would love to see him lose his job over this, assuming the rumors are true and he's wrong. Him and Mel Kiper need to be put on an island somewhere where than can speculate all day long about a bunch of BS that ends up being just that.
    yeah he is kinda a prick huh.... I really do hope he is wrong.

THIS JUST IN:
    Fox Sports' Danyelle Sargent is reporting that the Kansas City Chiefs are close to finalizing a deal with former 49er's head coach Bill Walsh. Walsh is expected to be named head coach of the Chiefs in the next 48 hours.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGd8gXjtf0"]YouTube - Ghost of bill walsh[/ame]
    Last edited by Nel Toille; 01-24-2009 at 12:22 AM.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I wonder if Shanny will bring in his kneecap hunting techniques to our OL??
    Have no doubts about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm still not sure that I can be a fan of Shanahan though. That will be tough for me. I will always be a Chiefs fan though.
    You ain't just whistling Dixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Just heard on fox sports radio that Bill Cowher is at the top of pioli's list.
    I am looking at the dream scenario (Cowher), versus the nightmare scenario (Shanahan).

I would prefer Herm to Shanahan. Hell, I'd prefer an earthworm to Shanahan.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    To paraphrase the immortal George Brett, rootin' for Shanahan is like kissing your sister, it just ain't right.
    Glad to see you are alive. :)

And, as usual, I agree.
    Last edited by chief31; 01-24-2009 at 02:09 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345