Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shanny may be new HC

Default Shanny may be new HC

Just heard on ESPN.....

WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Interesting. We'll see who is right. I would prefer a proven winner like Shanahan versus a rookie HC like Haley. I'm still not sure that I can be a fan of Shanahan though. That will be tough for me. I will always be a Chiefs fan though.
    Shanahan in Chiefs Gold & Red makes him a Chief in my eyes. And a poke in the donks eyes. Can you imagine the boos in Invesco. Remember when Eddie Kennison came back? That would be a popcorn fart to Shanny

Just heard on fox sports radio that Bill Cowher is at the top of pioli's list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    If we got Cowher and Pioli, well that would be better than.....

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If we got Cowher and Pioli, well that would be better than.....
    It was the top of the hour update, the guy just said herm had been fired, and Cower was on top of pioli's list. I could not believe it, please make it happen.

Just listened to Cowher do an interview on Rome today and *puts on schefter impression* THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. Bill said he will not coach in '09 because he made a commitment to see his daughter graduate highschool.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Its reported that Cowher would not coach in 2009. Now he is an ex Chief and I would welcome him back but it has been reported that he would not come back until 2010.
    CBS' Boomer Esiason, reported this morning on WFAN, that Bill Cowher, his colleague on the NFL Today, is close personal friends with new Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli. Boomer speculates that Cowher could take the Chiefs job in 2010.
    Other Sources Say
    Kansas City where Cowher worked as an assistant coach and still has many friends, could not convince him to return if it wanted.
    Then Again There are those that say:

Bill Cowher, Scott Pioli would have been a nice combo with Cleveland Browns, but they could end up together with Kansas City Chiefs
    And our favorite fat man MR. Whitlock:
    An experienced front-office executive with strong ties to and the ability to deliver former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher.If Hunt wants to instantly revitalize the Chiefs’ organization, restore faith and credibility among his fan base, those are his two options. Something else might very well work in the long run, but we’d have to take a wait-and-see approach.
    I think Hunt is zeroed in on landing Pioli or someone who can land Cowher.
    You be the Judge: Cowher or Shanahan I will take either. The offense of Shanahan or the Defense of Cowher............. I'd kinda lean toward Defense myself.... hey look at my sig.:orange:

Adam Schefter on NFL network just said that he wanted to be the first to dispel the shanahan rumors. He said they are not close to a deal in fact they have barely been in contact... He said he knows for a fact that shanahan will not be coaching for the chiefs in 2009. He then goes on about Haley from AZ and the DC from Miami.....

#&@(*Y%($*(*&%&

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Adam Schefter on NFL network just said that he wanted to be the first to dispel the shanahan rumors. He said they are not close to a deal in fact they have barely been in contact... He said he knows for a fact that shanahan will not be coaching for the chiefs in 2009. He then goes on about Haley from AZ and the DC from Miami.....

#&@(*Y%($*(*&%&
    Schefter also shot down every other recent rumor that ended up being true. He shot down the rumor about Gun to Detroit and kept saying that we weren't even close to making a deal with Pioli when we hired him practically the next day. The only reason he holds any ground here is because he's aparently butt-buddies with Shanny but I'd laugh my *** off if Shannahan and his sources flat out lied to him. He says Shannahan is not coming here and he doesn't have him on tape saying that he's not, he's basing it all off the fact that he hasn't heard anything and he's supposed to be the first one to know. He's a little prick and would love to see him lose his job over this, assuming the rumors are true and he's wrong. Him and Mel Kiper need to be put on an island somewhere where than can speculate all day long about a bunch of BS that ends up being just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    Schefter also shot down every other recent rumor that ended up being true. He shot down the rumor about Gun to Detroit and kept saying that we weren't even close to making a deal with Pioli when we hired him practically the next day. The only reason he holds any ground here is because he's aparently butt-buddies with Shanny but I'd laugh my *** off if Shannahan and his sources flat out lied to him. He says Shannahan is not coming here and he doesn't have him on tape saying that he's not, he's basing it all off the fact that he hasn't heard anything and he's supposed to be the first one to know. He's a little prick and would love to see him lose his job over this, assuming the rumors are true and he's wrong. Him and Mel Kiper need to be put on an island somewhere where than can speculate all day long about a bunch of BS that ends up being just that.
    It is pretty interesting to see Shefter saying that the Chiefs have not spoken with Shanahan, while Mortenson of ESPN reports that the Chiefs are nearing a deal with Shanahan. So one of them has to be right. I like that Shefter seems a little offended that people are questioning him on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    It is pretty interesting to see Shefter saying that the Chiefs have not spoken with Shanahan, while Mortenson of ESPN reports that the Chiefs are nearing a deal with Shanahan. So one of them has to be right. I like that Shefter seems a little offended that people are questioning him on this one.
    After I just bashed the crap out of the man I should point out that he's usually more accurate and credible than CM but he's still a prick and has been dead wrong on all things concerning the Chiefs in the past few weeks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast