Thread: The Good Herm Did (Surprisingly Positive Thread)

Default The Good Herm Did (Surprisingly Positive Thread)

This is a list of all of the good things Herm did over the past three years that will help us in 2009 and beyond. Now that Herm is dead (to this organization) I can objectively state that a little good came out of his tenure. I could come up with only four things. Here they are:

1. He drafted Bowe, Pollard, Albert, Carr, and Flowers - all of whom should start for the Chiefs for the next decade or so.

2. He played the waiver wire well in 2008 - guys like Thigpen and Bradley were finds and should be good players for us for a few years at least.

3. He didn't make a panic trade/signing after Croyle and Huard went down - He put his third-string QB in there, and didn't sell of any picks or waste cap room for a QB in what he realized was a losing season.

4. He hired Chan Gailey as OC - This was a good hire and I'm glad Chan is sticking with the team in 2009 and maybe beyond.

There are hundreds of terrible things he did, sure, but at least he has these four.

Some don't consider Pollard and Page a positive.

I love the signing of Bradley. Probably one of the only free agents signings that was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Some don't consider Pollard and Page a positive.

I love the signing of Bradley. Probably one of the only free agents signings that was outstanding.
    I don't like Page (at all) but I like Pollard. He was asked to be a coverage guy this season because of the Cover 2 and he's just not that good in coverage as to cover WRs 1 on 1. I think that he'll be just fine in a real defense.

Herm did win 2 games last year...
    SHUT IT

I like Pollard, if he can get a little better in coverage he could be a great player. Page on the other hand I am always seeing him blow coverages.. miss tackles.. etc

NO MORE MISSED TACKLES!!! HERM AND GUNNY GONE!!!
    Tackle or get off the field!!
    A new era has arrived at Arrowhead.
    SHUT IT

His poor in-game management is likely responsible for Carl Peterson "leaving" (more like getting fired) a year early.

Did I miss something the Good Herm did?

Seriously, he brought in some good player that Cowher or Shanahan will weed through.