Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who woul have thunk??? Hockey is lookin pretty good these days huh??!!??

Default Who woul have thunk??? Hockey is lookin pretty good these days huh??!!??

The NFL is running a muck with drunk drivin, gun totin, dog fightin, steroid stabbin and everything else you can think of!

The MLB has been and is still a drug infested organization that doesn't want to admit it has a problem!

The NBA has officials calling games to pad the bets they have made and are now going into the witness protection program. Has a commissioner that is holier than now and really is a piece of ****!

Hockey just continues on with their low ratings but very rarely do you hear about these off the field (or ice) problems that the other leagues have. Once in a while you will hear something but not as often as the others. I wonder why?

...the beer helps keep me friendly too. :)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    ...the beer helps keep me friendly too. :)

So where's that helmet???

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    So where's that helmet???
    I got it on and I am ready to go in coach :character0054:
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I got it on and I am ready to go in coach :character0054:

Genlemen; start your engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Genlemen; start your engines.
    uh...no drivin for me or Jared tonite coach. :bananen_smilies085:

uh...no drivin for me or Jared tonite coach. :bananen_smilies085:
    Call the cab.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    The NFL is running a muck with drunk drivin, gun totin, dog fightin, steroid stabbin and everything else you can think of!

The MLB has been and is still a drug infested organization that doesn't want to admit it has a problem!

The NBA has officials calling games to pad the bets they have made and are now going into the witness protection program. Has a commissioner that is holier than now and really is a piece of ****!

Hockey just continues on with their low ratings but very rarely do you hear about these off the field (or ice) problems that the other leagues have. Once in a while you will hear something but not as often as the others. I wonder why?

The reason you dont hear about this crap in hockey is cuz the market is way smaller and the payoffs arent as big.

EDIT: With a more conservative budget, comes a more conservative lifestyle and mindset. Most of the time anyway. (i.e.) - Vick allegedly started the dogfighting operation pretty much immediately after he was signed as a rookie. A young guy suddenly has millions to spend, not being a veteran in either work or life, he gets involved in severely wrong stuff. I may be wrong but if Vick was making thousands instead of millions, he may have not been so eager to blow his money on a not only risky, but illegal, enterprise.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 07-23-2007 at 09:35 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    The reason you dont hear about this crap in hockey is cuz the market is way smaller and the payoffs arent as big.

EDIT: With a more conservative budget, comes a more conservative lifestyle and mindset. Most of the time anyway.
    Plus in hockey, you can get out all your agression on the ice and only serve a five minute penalty.

Plus in hockey, you can get out all your agression on the ice and only serve a five minute penalty.

Ahhhh; hockey justice. Use of those sticks could be assault with a deadly weapon. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post

EDIT: With a more conservative budget, comes a more conservative lifestyle and mindset. Most of the time anyway. (i.e.) - Vick allegedly started the dogfighting operation pretty much immediately after he was signed as a rookie. A young guy suddenly has millions to spend, not being a veteran in either work or life, he gets involved in severely wrong stuff. I may be wrong but if Vick was making thousands instead of millions, he may have not been so eager to blow his money on a not only risky, but illegal, enterprise.
    Or there's just not as many idiots!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast