Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Shanny NOT likely to come to KC

Default ESPN: Shanny NOT likely to come to KC

On sportscenter Mortenson just said that he re-checked his sources and there have been NO negotiations, and NO discussions with the two. He basically retracted his earlier statement and said that Clark Hunt has looked into Shanahan.

His last words on the subject were that Shanahan probably will NOT be the HC.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    On sportscenter Mortenson just said that he re-checked his sources and there have been NO negotiations, and NO discussions with the two. He basically retracted his earlier statement and said that Clark Hunt has looked into Shanahan.

His last words on the subject were that Shanahan probably will NOT be the HC.
    Then why the hell did he report it without verifying his sources? Piss-poor.
    SHUT IT

He just wanted to be the first to get on it, and as you said, didn't check his sources. And yep- piss poor journalism.

And #2: Why isn't Pioli considering Shannahan without even an interview? Pioli must have somebody picked out (Haley)...
    SHUT IT

The more I follow up on this the more I am not interested in Haley. His attitude seems raw and I just dont like him since the arguing with players on the sideline fiasco. I am really hoping it isnt him.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    The more I follow up on this the more I am not interested in Haley. His attitude seems raw and I just dont like him since the arguing with players on the sideline fiasco. I am really hoping it isnt him.
    I have to agree with you. I do not think he should get much praise for an offense that has Warner passing to Fitzgerald and Boldin and has not had a running game until the playoffs.

Does anyone know how the Arizona players feel about Haley? Maybe that would give us some insight to whether or not he will be a good head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I have to agree with you. I do not think he should get much praise for an offense that has Warner passing to Fitzgerald and Boldin and has not had a running game until the playoffs.

Does anyone know how the Arizona players feel about Haley? Maybe that would give us some insight to whether or not he will be a good head coach.
    That's the tough part, because they're all in the super bowl, nobody's gonna comment on issues like that. My presumption would be that Warner doesn't care, Fitzgerald loves him, Boldin hates him (and the franchise). It seems like the young players really work well with Haley, but the vets don't appreciate his charge. I'd like having him solely because he takes charge and we have a pretty young team. (LJ probably would not appreciate Haley at all)

A couple things. A. At this point in time it would be breaking NFL rules if the Chiefs were already in contract talks with Shanarat, so of course Agents are going to deny everything. That is what they are paid to do. They also fabricate stories to help show an interst in their clients.

I am tired of reporters speculating. We can do that here on a forum.

The Kc media did say yesterday that Shanarat was one of the Chiefs targets. Personally, I am not thrilled with that decision. I never liked his whinning attitude.

The more this gets denied the more I think it has legs.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am tired of reporters speculating. We can do that here on a forum.

The Kc media did say yesterday that Shanarat was one of the Chiefs targets. Personally, I am not thrilled with that decision. I never liked his whinning attitude.
    I don't know who speculates more us or the sports journalists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast