Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and Prayers for Guru!

Default Thoughts and Prayers for Guru!

Hey Crowd family I wanted to let you all know that Guru was involved in a pretty serious auto accident. The facts as I know them are that he was struck by a pickup truck running a Stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I remember three things specifically.

1. seeing the truck out of the corner of my eye right before it hit.
    2. seeing the pavement come right up to my windshield during the roll.
    3. hearing my youngest in the back seat say "I think my arm is broken"

Needless to say, the third one scared me more than the first two.

He turned out to be fine though. Just a minor bruise.
    Crap. Off to the ER for me. My eye is giving me fits. Hopefully its nothing.
    No joy. AFter the ER trip they could not remove the object. Now it is worse and I can't even close my eye to sleep. Hopefully an ophthalmologist can get me in ASAP this morning.

Of all the injuries to occur after this accident I get this one.
    I'd like us all to get behind our Chiefs brother here!

Thoughts and prayers for you and your little Guru!

Both the boys are fine. My eye is healing thankfully. Will have a permanent scar on my eyeball but at least not in my field of vision.

Here are pics of the aftermath...

Pictures by kcchiefsguru - Photobucket
    He wasn't drunk but I am betting he was using his cell phone.
    I would love to see a law like that enacted in the US.
    I was horrified to hear about yet another wreck that could of been prevented if someone would of waited until they got home before talking to someone on their cellphone, but I'm relieved that you and your family made it out ok.
    I thought that using cellphones while driving WAS illegal here but people still do it. I've known alot of people who died while using a cell phone and driving. Guru, you were very lucky to come out of it with just a scarred eyeball for life.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It just went into effect recently so it may follow along in the US soon. You Americans all want to be like Canada!!
    You know, as much as we like to make fun of it, you have a good thing going up there.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    My prayers are with you and your Family Brother ! Im glad I get the chance to have a beer with ya at the Home Opener !
    Looking forward to it bud.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Glad you and the kids are okay...but have to confess I was kind of hoping for a picture of the eye with fragment sticking out.

I am a sicko...
    Yes, you are a sicko. Whats funny is that you would never know I had an eye problem by looking at it. The first few days it was red as hell. It looks good now but still causes me some minor pain every now and then. Hopefully that will fade sooner rather than later. I have my eye doctor on call.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I was horrified to hear about yet another wreck that could of been prevented if someone would of waited until they got home before talking to someone on their cellphone, but I'm relieved that you and your family made it out ok.
    I thought that using cellphones while driving WAS illegal here but people still do it. I've known alot of people who died while using a cell phone and driving. Guru, you were very lucky to come out of it with just a scarred eyeball for life.
    You found a way to make it sound really bad and really good at the same time.

He wasn't drunk but I am betting he was using his cell phone.
    That too would not surprise me.

Its illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving in Canada (unless you have hands free) This is a good expamle why, Ihave seen a ton of them. Just glad that Guru and family are OK.
    I would love to see a law like that enacted in the US.
    Absolutely agreed!

Its illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving in Canada (unless you have hands free) This is a good expamle why, Ihave seen a ton of them. Just glad that Guru and family are OK.
    We have that law in California too, it really doesn't stop too many people though.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Text'n law is next in Cali.. Cell phones r evil..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Text'n law is next in Cali.. Cell phones r evil..
    That actually went into place on January 1

I can't believe people text while driving. That is worse than talking on the damn phone while driving.

I can't believe people text while driving. That is worse than talking on the damn phone while driving.
    You would not believe some of the things I have seen people do while driving in California. I recently saw a guy literally reading a newspaper while tooling along at 55 miles per hour the other day!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    You would not believe some of the things I have seen people do while driving in California. I recently saw a guy literally reading a newspaper while tooling along at 55 miles per hour the other day!
    I once saw a guy getting a BJ driving down the Nimitz at 60MPH in Oakland.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast