Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thoughts and Prayers for Guru!

Default Thoughts and Prayers for Guru!

Hey Crowd family I wanted to let you all know that Guru was involved in a pretty serious auto accident. The facts as I know them are that he was struck by a pickup truck running a Stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I remember three things specifically.

1. seeing the truck out of the corner of my eye right before it hit.
    2. seeing the pavement come right up to my windshield during the roll.
    3. hearing my youngest in the back seat say "I think my arm is broken"

Needless to say, the third one scared me more than the first two.

He turned out to be fine though. Just a minor bruise.
    Crap. Off to the ER for me. My eye is giving me fits. Hopefully its nothing.
    No joy. AFter the ER trip they could not remove the object. Now it is worse and I can't even close my eye to sleep. Hopefully an ophthalmologist can get me in ASAP this morning.

Of all the injuries to occur after this accident I get this one.
    I'd like us all to get behind our Chiefs brother here!

Thoughts and prayers for you and your little Guru!

He wasn't drunk but I am betting he was using his cell phone.
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read what happened. I'm glad to hear you and the kids are OK. Having an accident with your kids in the car has to be one of the worst fears of any parent.

As a child, I was in a head-on accident with my sister and mother in the car. Scary stuff.

I can't believe people text while driving. That is worse than talking on the damn phone while driving.
    I drive for a living so I see the craziest crap on the road. People putting on mascara, curling their hair, electric shavers, bj's, masturbation, sleeping, reading newspapers.. I've seen a lot of stupid crap. But about 6-7 years ago, I saw something that I still remember vividly.

I was on a 4-lane road. I looked over at the car to my right that was going in the same direction as me. The guy was driving by himself. He screwed the top off of a half-gallon of vodka and proceeded to fill his coffee mug with vodka as he was driving down the road next to me. Here's the kicker, although I'm not sure it makes any difference, it was 7:30 AM.

It is really hard to not your lose patience with other drivers when you drive as much as I do. Just yesterday, I almost rear-ended a woman in Cincinnati who though it would be a good idea to come to a complete stop in the middle lane of an interstate.

Glad to hear everything is OK.

Glad to hear you and yours are ok Guru.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read what happened. I'm glad to hear you and the kids are OK. Having an accident with your kids in the car has to be one of the worst fears of any parent.

As a child, I was in a head-on accident with my sister and mother in the car. Scary stuff.

I drive for a living so I see the craziest crap on the road. People putting on mascara, curling their hair, electric shavers, bj's, masturbation, sleeping, reading newspapers.. I've seen a lot of stupid crap. But about 6-7 years ago, I saw something that I still remember vividly.

I was on a 4-lane road. I looked over at the car to my right that was going in the same direction as me. The guy was driving by himself. He screwed the top off of a half-gallon of vodka and proceeded to fill his coffee mug with vodka as he was driving down the road next to me. Here's the kicker, although I'm not sure it makes any difference, it was 7:30 AM.

It is really hard to not your lose patience with other drivers when you drive as much as I do. Just yesterday, I almost rear-ended a woman in Cincinnati who though it would be a good idea to come to a complete stop in the middle lane of an interstate.

Damn. People are stupid.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Wow! just wow!

Come on, Canada was a little stressed that day and you know how he is when his blood alcohol gets low.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234