View Poll Results: Should the Chiefs start Thigpen at QB next year?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft Sanchez and throw him in the fire like Flacco or Ryan

3 3.53%
  • Pick up a veteran QB and start him

2 2.35%
  • Pick up a veteran QB and have an open competition with Thigpen

14 16.47%
  • Draft a QB and have an open competition with Thigpen

25 29.41%
  • Start Thiggy, he earned it!

41 48.24%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should Tyler Thigpen be our starting quarterbACK NEXT YEAR?

Default Should Tyler Thigpen be our starting quarterback next year?

I have grown very fond of Tyler Thigpen. Maybe just "homer syndrome." What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 01-25-2009 at 12:17 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Why would we bother to do that? Huard's at the end of his career. Croyle is very obviously not an NFL starter. Gray and Martin?!?!?!? Really?

Thigpen is the only one of that bunch who has even the slightest shot of being a long-term starter for us or any NFL team.

Hell, I woudn't mind taking the other four behind a barn and euthenizing them, just to avoid the appearance of a QB controversy
    I agree with you to some extent on this, which leads me to the point that we definitely are going to need some competition at the QB position. I hope Thigpen is the answer, but we did go 2-14, we can blame whoever we want from last years team, but that's the point, they were all members of the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    I agree with you to some extent on this, which leads me to the point that we definitely are going to need some competition at the QB position. I hope Thigpen is the answer, but we did go 2-14, we can blame whoever we want from last years team, but that's the point, they were all members of the same team.
    But competition between whom? Who should we pick up? Heck, who CAN we pick up?

I'd like to see what Tyler can do when he has a decent defense and decent line.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

I think Thigpen earned the right to go into camp with it as his job to lose. Competition is always good, but he should know that he has a better than average shot of being the starter.

Keep em this year and see how he does. If were going to draft a QB, do it next year when Bradford or McCoy enter into the draft.

This city gets what it deserves, he's a loser, he won one game. Cut him, get him out of here.

He under throws, he over throws. The only thing he can do is get it to Tony G., and anyone can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohnson View Post
    This city gets what it deserves, he's a loser, he won one game. Cut him, get him out of here.

He under throws, he over throws. The only thing he can do is get it to Tony G., and anyone can do that.
    Dude, it was his first year, he is just rookie, he came from a school that had just started a football program.

You have to give him time to develop. He was able to make plays. The defense put press on the entire offense to come back and score 20 + points.

I'd take him anyday over Brokie Croyle.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Dude, it was his first year, he is just rookie, he came from a school that had just started a football program.

You have to give him time to develop. He was able to make plays. The defense put press on the entire offense to come back and score 20 + points.

I'd take him anyday over Brokie Croyle.
    Not to mention that these people hating on Thigpen can't seem to say exactly who should replace him or even compete with him for the starting job. "Somebody" is about as close as they get.

Thiggy earned the start for next season but I think they need to find someone to replace him!

He is an okay QB, if we want to make it to the Super Bowl we need somebody with WAY more talent than Thiggy has!!!

Tyler has definitely earned his right to be the starter next year. But, until I see more I really don't think he is our QBotF.

He is a little to inconsistent. He makes too many poor decisions. He is too streaky.

He did have lots of talent flashes. But we are probably not going to keep the Spread. He isn't a Pro-Style QB. Therefore we need to find a replacement while he is hot.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast