View Poll Results: Should the Chiefs start Thigpen at QB next year?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft Sanchez and throw him in the fire like Flacco or Ryan

3 3.53%
  • Pick up a veteran QB and start him

2 2.35%
  • Pick up a veteran QB and have an open competition with Thigpen

14 16.47%
  • Draft a QB and have an open competition with Thigpen

25 29.41%
  • Start Thiggy, he earned it!

41 48.24%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should Tyler Thigpen be our starting quarterbACK NEXT YEAR?

Default Should Tyler Thigpen be our starting quarterback next year?

I have grown very fond of Tyler Thigpen. Maybe just "homer syndrome." What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 01-25-2009 at 12:17 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by KCCAT21 View Post
    I think Thigpen earned the right to go into camp with it as his job to lose. Competition is always good, but he should know that he has a better than average shot of being the starter.
    i agree, with no blocking, [pass or run] no qb would have faired much better. if we had a decent defense we may have won 5 more games. he looked better than croyle or even huard. huard only had to hand the ball off or throw it 5 yds. give this kid the chance he earned by giving us the chance to win a few games last year. and don't say he can only run a apread offense, the spread/shotgun formation was put in to keep our last qb off his back oand out of ICU.

Well he may not be only a Spread guy. But from what I have seen he is.

His game against Atlanta was his worst game and he was in the Pro-Style.

Like I said. Until I see more i'm not convinced. But heck I do like the kid. Its not like i'm against him. He needs to continue to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Well he may not be only a Spread guy. But from what I have seen he is.

His game against Atlanta was his worst game and he was in the Pro-Style.

Like I said. Until I see more i'm not convinced. But heck I do like the kid. Its not like i'm against him. He needs to continue to prove himself.
    the occasional bad game does not a bad QB make. pennigton had a super season and looked pittiful in his last game. HOF brett favre last game made Thigpen look good this year. lets put him behind a good o line and see what he can do. then decide.

Until we have a pro style offensive line, how can anyone say Thigpen can't run a pro style offense. The guy did a good job. If he had been a high draft pick, people would think he was the QBOTF based on his performance last year. Thigpen got the crap knocked out of him repeatedly, yet he always got back up. He's got talent, and he's got heart. Give Thiggy the offseason, and training camp, as well as a good coaching staff, and I believe he will win many games for the Chiefs, as well as become a star in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Until we have a pro style offensive line, how can anyone say Thigpen can't run a pro style offense. The guy did a good job. If he had been a high draft pick, people would think he was the QBOTF based on his performance last year. Thigpen got the crap knocked out of him repeatedly, yet he always got back up. He's got talent, and he's got heart. Give Thiggy the offseason, and training camp, as well as a good coaching staff, and I believe he will win many games for the Chiefs, as well as become a star in this league.
    Exactly. Thig kept us in many games DESPITE Herm and his 31st ranked defense - and with only 2 offensive linemen worth starting any game in the nfl....
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Tyler has definitely earned his right to be the starter next year. But, until I see more I really don't think he is our QBotF.

He is a little to inconsistent. He makes too many poor decisions. He is too streaky.

He did have lots of talent flashes. But we are probably not going to keep the Spread. He isn't a Pro-Style QB. Therefore we need to find a replacement while he is hot.
    WHO?

In this terrible draft and FA market for QBs, who exactly should be a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    WHO?

In this terrible draft and FA market for QBs, who exactly should be a replacement?
    Thats why I said we should wait till next year and if Thiggy fails, get McCoy or Bradford or any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    That is how I feel. Even if Thigpen does bad next season, we can draft a QB in 2010. Thigpen basically holds the position for one season. And if he turns out to be good, hey, we can use that pick we saved and give him a playmaker or O-linemen to protect him.

Or we could trade our second round pick for Vince Young. Yeah, sounds like a good idea, right?

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Thats why I said we should wait till next year and if Thiggy fails, get McCoy or Bradford or any others.
    I agree entirely. I'm just tired of other people saying how we need to bring in people to compete with Thigpen in 2009. Because they can't actually name anyone.

In 2010, the QB free agent class will include:
    Jason Campbell
    Kellen Clemens
    Jake Delhomme
    Eli Manning
    Philip Rivers
    Ben Rothlisberger

Hmmmmm,

Maybe thats why Cowher is waiting till 2010 to come back LOL "BEN ROTHLISBERGER"

Maybe he will come to the Chiefs and bring Cowher with him MUHAHAHAHAHHA

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast