View Poll Results: Should the Chiefs start Thigpen at QB next year?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft Sanchez and throw him in the fire like Flacco or Ryan

3 3.53%
  • Pick up a veteran QB and start him

2 2.35%
  • Pick up a veteran QB and have an open competition with Thigpen

14 16.47%
  • Draft a QB and have an open competition with Thigpen

25 29.41%
  • Start Thiggy, he earned it!

41 48.24%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Should Tyler Thigpen be our starting quarterbACK NEXT YEAR?

Default Should Tyler Thigpen be our starting quarterback next year?

I have grown very fond of Tyler Thigpen. Maybe just "homer syndrome." What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 01-25-2009 at 12:17 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Thats true. I guess I did get a bit off-topic. I do think he should be our starter going into this year, and hopefully for all the year.

I was mainly gettinng distracted by the Thigpen will be a future STAR, and that he is better than Cassel and what not. I like him but he isn't as good as you are all saying he is.

I apologize for getting off the thread topic.
    You don't have to apologize. And you're right. We'd be foolish to pretend we're set at QB. But out team has been so stripped of talent that we are out of options for 2009 except:

1. Start Thigpen
    2. Draft a QB high and start him
    3. Sign a has-been/never was (Losman, Garcia, Leftwich, etc.) and start him
    4. Trade high picks for Cassel

And of those four options, 1 is best.

For 2010, we have the better options of mutliple FA QBs and NFL-ready QBs in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Thats the reason you LOOK for a replacement. You don't know who he is yet. There are over 100 QBs in the league. More in the draft.

And you guys keep acting like I hate him and like I keep saying he sucks. I AM NOT SAYING THAT.

Don't cling to Thiggy just because he is the first decent QB since Green. He had a low completion percentage, not so good QB Rating, and his YpT was only 6.2. You want about 7-8 YpT.

This is constructive criticism. But i'm not jumping on the Thiggy is amazing, gonna be really really good, bandwagon.
    his passer rating was almost the same as huard and he litteraly got sacked half as often. he was our 2nd best rusher w/the highest avg. let's build an O line in front of him and give him a chance. no other qb could have done much better with constant pressure like Thig
    had

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456