Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things weren't always this bad!!

Default Things weren't always this bad!!

Well, I watched a seven minute highlight of Priest Holmes in 2003 on you tube and it made me pretty damn happy. I almost forgot what it was like. I was gonna put it on here but the embed didnt work and I couldnt figure it out.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 01-26-2009 at 01:38 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

well Brish, glad to have you on board. i don't know if there has ever been a Dane in the nfl, but the CHIEFS had a Norwegan...Jan Stenerud greatest kicker in CHIEFS history and a member of the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. the story goes that while he was in college, i believe it was Minnesota when his friend convinced him to tryout as a walkon. his friend had him practice kicking from a tee, he really didn't know anything about american football. when he got to the practice he tee'd it at the fifty and kicked it straight thru the uprights with room to spare. when he saw the shock on the faces of the coaches, he thought he had done something wrong and was ready to leave. needles to say they didn't let him and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    well Brish, glad to have you on board. i don't know if there has ever been a Dane in the nfl, but the CHIEFS had a Norwegan...Jan Stenerud greatest kicker in CHIEFS history and a member of the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. the story goes that while he was in college, i believe it was Minnesota when his friend convinced him to tryout as a walkon. his friend had him practice kicking from a tee, he really didn't know anything about american football. when he got to the practice he tee'd it at the fifty and kicked it straight thru the uprights with room to spare. when he saw the shock on the faces of the coaches, he thought he had done something wrong and was ready to leave. needles to say they didn't let him and the rest is history.
    All I can say is. Morten Andersen! Most points ever scored.. ring a bell? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    All I can say is. Morten Andersen! Most points ever scored.. ring a bell? hehe
    I didn't know is was a native of Denmark, i learned something today. although i still think Jan was still the greatest CHIEFS kicker.

Those were the days!! Chiefs were a force to be reckoned with! We will get there again!!

Never give up!! Never stop believing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    Those were the days!! Chiefs were a force to be reckoned with! We will get there again!!

Never give up!! Never stop believing!!!
    that's what being a CHIEFS fan really is, knowing that with just the addition of that missing piece, going to our third super bowl is just around the corner. and being there to cheer them on all the way.

Man, look at that line, and Richardson beastin it up. Those were some good days, even if we didn't win any postseason games.

heck that was a great line and ARROWHEAD was feared by all, nearly impossible for a visiting to eek out a win. i go back even farther all the way to beginning. i love the story Buck Buchannon told about in his rookiie year. he sacked lamonica and helped him up, Stram met him as soon as he came off the field, grabbed him by the arm and yelled " I pay you to knock him down, let his guys pick him up!" now those were the best old days.

Stenerud is considered by man to be the best kicker of all time.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Part of me wonders how much the loss of Richardson meant to the Chiefs. If we had a good fullback and line, Jamal would look kinda like Preist, but you cant EVER beat Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Well, I watched a seven minute highlight of Priest Holmes in 2003 on you tube and it made me pretty damn happy. I almost forgot what it was like. I was gonna put it on here but the embed didnt work and I couldnt figure it out.
    Just post the url. There is no need to embed the code.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast