Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrell Suggs

Default Terrell Suggs

So I know a lot of us want to get Suggs in FA. I read this on ESPN's rumor page, and it makes it sound like he may not leave the Ravens. He almost sounds as if he would take a pay cut (or at least take much less than he could make elsewhere) to stay there. Here is the article:

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs wants to stay with the team, and he also wants the other two potential free agent linebackers, Ray Lewis and Bart Scott, to be retained as well. The solution reported by the Baltimore Sun is for all three to give a "hometown discount".
    Over the weekend, Suggs told Sirius NFL Radio that he was confident he'd be able to reach a new deal with the team, saying, "If they treat me fair, then it shouldn't be a problem. I have all the faith in the world that they'll do that. I think they'll address all three of us with what they see as fair. I think if all three of us can come in the middle and form an agreement, then we shouldn't have a problem."

Suggs also said during the interview that it'd be strange to play without the teammates with whom he's lined up for so long: "To line up and see somebody [different] behind me in my case, or lining up seeing somebody different in Bart's case, line up with somebody next to you and it's not one of the greatest defensive players of all time, it's going to be kind of weird. Like I told Bart, he's been like a big brother since I got there. This was his seventh year [and] my sixth. It's been me, him and Adalius Thomas from Day One. We've already seen one of our other brothers walk. We really don't want to see too many more of us walk away from the city of Baltimore."

In the press conference following the Ravens' loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship game, when asked about playing somewhere aside from Baltimore, Lewis said, "That's one side of my career I don't deal with, because I don't do that. I play the game for the love of the game, I don't get caught up in the business side of all of that stuff." Previous rumors have listed the Dallas Cowboys as a possible destination for Lewis should he not re-sign with Baltimore.
    I hope this isnt true, because it would mean we couldnt get him and have to probably go for someone in the draft or maybe Peppers. I think peppers is a bit older for my taste, though.

Peppers would be just fine in my book. He has a TON of years left.

Just so you know. Suggs has only been in the NFL 1 less year than Peppers and is only about 1 year younger hehe. So the Age thing is honestly not a problem between Suggs and Peppers unless 1 year bothers you?

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Peppers would be just fine in my book. He has a TON of years left.

Just so you know. Suggs has only been in the NFL 1 less year than Peppers and is only about 1 year younger hehe. So the Age thing is honestly not a problem between Suggs and Peppers unless 1 year bothers you?
    Suggs is 26 at the beginning of the next season (born Oct 1982). Peppers will be 29 (born Jan 1980).

Peppers has one year more of experience.

I would take either, I expect baltimore to do everything they can to keep suggs AND lewis.

didnt we just trade off of of these type of players?

Yes we traded off our best player, who I would rather have than either of these players.

It makes me cry every time I think about it~

We may not be able to Suggs unless he wants to come to KC because we can offer him more money. DEs make more money than OLBs in a 3-4 defense. But it is nice to see players have passion for their team.

I would take Peppers. He may be older, but if he can fill the role for the next five years, then that fills the DE hole for this season and gives us time to draft his replacement. Peppers offers an experienced player with a great ability of getting to the QB. If the Chiefs cannot get Suggs, then Peppers is definitely my #2 choice.

I would definately be happy with Peppers. We are seriously needing someone to put pressure on the quarterback and there is probably not anyone in the draft that is as good as he is. Plus, putting someone like Peppers on the field will help Hali and Dorsey because he will draw so much attention from them.

Peppers also said that he wants to go to team that plays 3-4.

We dont play 3-4.. at least not yet, so I think that will knock us out of the running unless we are willing to pay too much~

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Peppers also said that he wants to go to team that plays 3-4.

We dont play 3-4.. at least not yet, so I think that will knock us out of the running unless we are willing to pay too much~
    Peppers is an idiot. He's about 6'7" 290 lbs and wants to play outside linebacker in a 3-4. No team is going to use him in that role.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast