Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Default Trade Idea

My friend was talking about an interesting trade idea for our team. Matt Cassell will probably be traded when (and if) Brady comes back in time to be there for summer workouts. If that is the case, what about we trade our 1st pick to NE for Cassel and their 1st round pick, and maybe a day 2 pick.

Essentially, with the draft value charts we would be using the equivalent of a mid-round pick on Cassel. We could use our 1st and second rounders to either move back down into the mid-early first to Maualuga, or Duke Robinson. Or we use NE 1st for Mack and our 2nd for Herman Johnson or Loadholt.

That would give us an O-line with:
    Loadholt/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Albert
    (Albert and Loadholt could be switched around)
    or
    Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Robinson/??? + Maualuga

Our O-line would be set, and we would have a pretty decent QB, and maybe our franchise LB.

Personally I like Thigpen, and Im not super impressed with Cassel, and I doubt NE would want to trade for a top 5 pick. That being said, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Isn't Cassell a UFA? To trade him they would have to franchise him first.
    It's likely that the Patriots will franchise him for the purpose of trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    It's likely that the Patriots will franchise him for the purpose of trading him.
    What teams do you think would be in the market for Cassell?

The Lions

HEHE JK I'm guessing HMMM NO ONE!!!!!

Cassel is no good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The Vikings.

They are the one team I think could pull off trading for Cassel and get good production from him. Brad Childress is not that bad of a coach and I think he would be a good guy to help coach Cassel once he leaves Belichick's wing. I know there will other teams making a play for him, but that is the most logical I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Vikings, Bucs, Lions, 49ers, Seahawks, and Panthers.

If he were a FA, the Jets would also give him a look.

Cassel also stood behind one of the best lines in the NFL. A large number of QB's could have a nice season behind the pats line. Even Thigpen!

Cassel is not as good as people think he is. Put him behind the Chiefs line and see how many people like him!!

Also, think about TT his running skills. He could be like a qb/rb and that can be real helpful keeping the d honest more often than not. He may not be the best type for this but I think he could pull in 35 yds a game easy. What do you all think?
    What was his total ypc for his short season?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Also, think about TT his running skills. He could be like a qb/rb and that can be real helpful keeping the d honest more often than not. He may not be the best type for this but I think he could pull in 35 yds a game easy. What do you all think?
    What was his total ypc for his short season?
    It works slightly because teams would play zone coverage to make sure the QB does not run, but it does make a big advantage. Thigpen ran for 386 yards while Cassel only ran for 270 yards.

I had no idea MC ran that much. wonder what TT total would have been if he started all our games and I can't wait to see if they will let him loose or if that is kinda his style. I know this year he was doing it to save his life.

Man, I wish everyone would lose the love for Cassell. I could do what he done with the receivers he had! Left handed!
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast