Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59

Thread: Trade Idea

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,110
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 139

    Default Trade Idea


    0 Not allowed!
    My friend was talking about an interesting trade idea for our team. Matt Cassell will probably be traded when (and if) Brady comes back in time to be there for summer workouts. If that is the case, what about we trade our 1st pick to NE for Cassel and their 1st round pick, and maybe a day 2 pick.

    Essentially, with the draft value charts we would be using the equivalent of a mid-round pick on Cassel. We could use our 1st and second rounders to either move back down into the mid-early first to Maualuga, or Duke Robinson. Or we use NE 1st for Mack and our 2nd for Herman Johnson or Loadholt.

    That would give us an O-line with:
    Loadholt/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Albert
    (Albert and Loadholt could be switched around)
    or
    Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Robinson/??? + Maualuga

    Our O-line would be set, and we would have a pretty decent QB, and maybe our franchise LB.

    Personally I like Thigpen, and Im not super impressed with Cassel, and I doubt NE would want to trade for a top 5 pick. That being said, what do you guys think?

  2. #41
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    But we can fix our OL through the draft. We probably can't fix the defense. We have enough young guys underachieving on our front seven.

    Tell the truth, without a massive FA binge on defense, I don't see it getting fixed for 3-4 years, no matter how well we draft.
    That's why I don't think overpayin a little for Lewis would be such a bad idea. Theres no spark plug on the D right now and I'm guessin that Lewis would make you feel like a b@tch when you mess up or take plays off.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  3. #42
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    That's why I don't think overpayin a little for Lewis would be such a bad idea. Theres no spark plug on the D right now and I'm guessin that Lewis would make you feel like a b@tch when you mess up or take plays off.
    Very true. My gut says he sticks with the Ravens though, as they'll be a popular SB pick next season. The amount of money he'd take to lure away would probably be prohibitive.

  4. #43
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,003
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Not to sound too obvious, I think whoever we get as HC and DC will also have a lot to do with persuading these FA vets in coming here...
    SHUT IT

  5. #44
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Hire Canada! Who wouldn't want to play for free beer!
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  6. #45
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    210
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Ray Lewis will either stay with the Ravens, or go to New York to follow Rex. So even thinking about him in Red and Yellow is insane.

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I think one or two would be plenty. Hell, just run it on one side.
    That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. I thought play calling was predictable under Herm as head coach, but really? You think no one would notice. If you really like the days of Roaf and Shields, then we need to draft linemen to replace them. We need at least two. The smartest way would be to go for three since we won't find any good ones in FA.

  8. #47
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. I thought play calling was predictable under Herm as head coach, but really? You think no one would notice. If you really like the days of Roaf and Shields, then we need to draft linemen to replace them. We need at least two. The smartest way would be to go for three since we won't find any good ones in FA.
    Gross and Starks would be nice finds in FA. Get Starks to man the RT spot, draft the best available LT at #3 and slide Albert to one of the guard spots. Draft the best available C in the 3rd. You'll probably find someone like Luigs or Caldwell at #67. That gives you a finished Oline for 2009 and perhaps 2010. That allows you another 2 years (Draft/FA) to find Waters' replacement. By finding a C in the third, that allows you a 2nd round pick to address another need like DE or LB or QB if Sanchez is still available.

  9. #48
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Gross and Starks would be nice finds in FA. Get Starks to man the RT spot, draft the best available LT at #3 and slide Albert to one of the guard spots. Draft the best available C in the 3rd. You'll probably find someone like Luigs or Caldwell at #67. That gives you a finished Oline for 2009 and perhaps 2010. That allows you another 2 years (Draft/FA) to find Waters' replacement. By finding a C in the third, that allows you a 2nd round pick to address another need like DE or LB or QB if Sanchez is still available.
    How likely do you think that Gross and Starks will be leaving their teams?

  10. #49
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    How likely do you think that Gross and Starks will be leaving their teams?
    They were both franchised last season. The Steelers also have Willie Colon, Marvel Smith and James Farrior hitting the market as UFA's. I would think Starks hitting the market is a very real possibility. Gross, not so much.

  11. #50
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    They were both franchised last season. The Steelers also have Willie Colon, Marvel Smith and James Farrior hitting the market as UFA's. I would think Starks hitting the market is a very real possibility. Gross, not so much.
    Starks can be a possibility and I think he is a good choice for RT.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •