Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Trade Idea

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,020
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 111

    Default Trade Idea


    0 Not allowed!
    My friend was talking about an interesting trade idea for our team. Matt Cassell will probably be traded when (and if) Brady comes back in time to be there for summer workouts. If that is the case, what about we trade our 1st pick to NE for Cassel and their 1st round pick, and maybe a day 2 pick.

    Essentially, with the draft value charts we would be using the equivalent of a mid-round pick on Cassel. We could use our 1st and second rounders to either move back down into the mid-early first to Maualuga, or Duke Robinson. Or we use NE 1st for Mack and our 2nd for Herman Johnson or Loadholt.

    That would give us an O-line with:
    Loadholt/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Albert
    (Albert and Loadholt could be switched around)
    or
    Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Robinson/??? + Maualuga

    Our O-line would be set, and we would have a pretty decent QB, and maybe our franchise LB.

    Personally I like Thigpen, and Im not super impressed with Cassel, and I doubt NE would want to trade for a top 5 pick. That being said, what do you guys think?

  2. #51
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Here's a trade idea. The Chiefs trade a conditional 2010 1-2 round pick for Matt Leinart. We get our franchise QB who's been learning from Kurt Warner for two seasons. His current OC could possibly be the new HC for the Chiefs. The Chiefs could bolster their defense through free agency and draft the best OT #3, best WR #35 and best C #67.

    Suddenly, the draft pick the Chiefs lose for Leinart isn't nearly as bad because this team will probably make the playoffs. This move would give the Chiefs their franchise QB for a pick much lower than #3 and would prevent the Chiefs from wasting a pick on Sanchez this season. Basically, the Chiefs could be getting a franchise LT this season at #3 and paying for their franchise QB for a late first round pick next season.

    I realize not too many people are high on Leinart right now and that could help the Chiefs get him for a much cheaper price if Haley believes he's worth it. Haley would know better than anyone if Leinart was worth a first round pick in 2010. If he believed Leinart was worth the pick, I'd pull the trigger and get my QB in place this season along with a brand new O-line and fortified defense.

    With those improvements, you have to believe this team would be picking in the mid to late twenties in 2010. I think that would be worth the price of bringing in our franchise QB.

  3. #52
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Texaschief,

    I LOVE the idea of going after Leinart so we don't have to reach this year, but from what i have read the Cards might give him to us for alot less then a 1st. The Cards (from what I have heard) are either gonna rsign Warner OR make Leinart the starting QB. They have a ton of money in Leinart for him to just sit the bench. Plus it seems Warner likes a 3 year deal..... Not sure the Cards would sign him to that kinda deal and keep Leinart too.

    If the Cards keep Warner they will either try to trade Leinart, ask him to redo his contract, or just release him.

    I'm guessing they will try to redo his contract, but as long as it took to sign him when he was a rookie I'm guessing that won't work.

    So honestly if the Card keep Warner then look for this trade to happen or he might even get released.

  4. #53
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Here's a trade idea. The Chiefs trade a conditional 2010 1-2 round pick for Matt Leinart. We get our franchise QB who's been learning from Kurt Warner for two seasons. His current OC could possibly be the new HC for the Chiefs. The Chiefs could bolster their defense through free agency and draft the best OT #3, best WR #35 and best C #67.

    Suddenly, the draft pick the Chiefs lose for Leinart isn't nearly as bad because this team will probably make the playoffs. This move would give the Chiefs their franchise QB for a pick much lower than #3 and would prevent the Chiefs from wasting a pick on Sanchez this season. Basically, the Chiefs could be getting a franchise LT this season at #3 and paying for their franchise QB for a late first round pick next season.

    I realize not too many people are high on Leinart right now and that could help the Chiefs get him for a much cheaper price if Haley believes he's worth it. Haley would know better than anyone if Leinart was worth a first round pick in 2010. If he believed Leinart was worth the pick, I'd pull the trigger and get my QB in place this season along with a brand new O-line and fortified defense.

    With those improvements, you have to believe this team would be picking in the mid to late twenties in 2010. I think that would be worth the price of bringing in our franchise QB.
    I really like this idea - but there's one big problem. I think Warner retires this year and the Cardinals hand over the reins to Leinart.

  5. #54
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,974
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 39

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Leinart couldn't keep his job in Phoenix. Why is it that we want him?
    SHUT IT

  6. #55
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Ermm... Leinart is their long term QB. You don't trade that player.

  7. #56
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,974
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 39

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Ermm... Leinart is their long term QB. You don't trade that player.
    I hope you're right. KC is too far from Hollywood for this guy...
    SHUT IT

  8. #57
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I hope you're right. KC is too far from Hollywood for this guy...
    KC's teenage girls aren't trashy enough for him.

    oh, and he's not a very good football player either.

  9. #58
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Here's a trade idea. The Chiefs trade a conditional 2010 1-2 round pick for Matt Leinart. We get our franchise QB who's been learning from Kurt Warner for two seasons. His current OC could possibly be the new HC for the Chiefs. The Chiefs could bolster their defense through free agency and draft the best OT #3, best WR #35 and best C #67.

    Suddenly, the draft pick the Chiefs lose for Leinart isn't nearly as bad because this team will probably make the playoffs. This move would give the Chiefs their franchise QB for a pick much lower than #3 and would prevent the Chiefs from wasting a pick on Sanchez this season. Basically, the Chiefs could be getting a franchise LT this season at #3 and paying for their franchise QB for a late first round pick next season.

    I realize not too many people are high on Leinart right now and that could help the Chiefs get him for a much cheaper price if Haley believes he's worth it. Haley would know better than anyone if Leinart was worth a first round pick in 2010. If he believed Leinart was worth the pick, I'd pull the trigger and get my QB in place this season along with a brand new O-line and fortified defense.

    With those improvements, you have to believe this team would be picking in the mid to late twenties in 2010. I think that would be worth the price of bringing in our franchise QB.
    It's an interesting idea. It will be hard to tell what they will do until Warner retires/re-signs. The one thing we have to ask ourselves is does Leinart show us more as a QB than we can grab in 2010? Leinart has not shown me much and I'm not too impressed by him. I had a similar idea with some of the other QBs in the league, but most of those won't work. You know, guys like Vince Young, Brady Quinn, and Donovon McNabb. But it looks like all their teams want to keep them, so it brings me to my back up choices which would not cost us as much. Guys like Kevin Kolb (McNabb's backup) or Troy Smith (lost the starting job to Flacco). These guys are not great talents, but they have shown me more than Leinart. However, we go back to the idea that are these guys better prospects than us choosing a QB in 2010?

  10. #59
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I really like this idea - but there's one big problem. I think Warner retires this year and the Cardinals hand over the reins to Leinart.
    There's no way Kurt Warner retires the season after taking a team to a Super Bowl. His stock is high right now and he's going to try to cash in for a two year deal. I would guess the Cardinals will try to bring him back instead of throwing Leinart back in there. I'm sure they think Warner will give them their best chance to get back to the Super Bowl. The Cardinals want to win NOW and Warner gives them the best opportunity to do that instead of trying to develop a rookie while the team is in contention.

    Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    It's an interesting idea. It will be hard to tell what they will do until Warner retires/re-signs. The one thing we have to ask ourselves is does Leinart show us more as a QB than we can grab in 2010? Leinart has not shown me much and I'm not too impressed by him. I had a similar idea with some of the other QBs in the league, but most of those won't work. You know, guys like Vince Young, Brady Quinn, and Donovon McNabb. But it looks like all their teams want to keep them, so it brings me to my back up choices which would not cost us as much. Guys like Kevin Kolb (McNabb's backup) or Troy Smith (lost the starting job to Flacco). These guys are not great talents, but they have shown me more than Leinart. However, we go back to the idea that are these guys better prospects than us choosing a QB in 2010?
    I think getting Leinart (a #7 overall pick) for a late first or second round pick while still being able to draft a big time difference maker at #3 at some other position is better than ANY QB prospect available to the Chiefs in this year's draft. Leinart wasn't doing so bad as much as Warner was just playing like he did ten years ago. The Warner from this season wasn't the Warner from his time in New York. You've gotta think that if the Cardinals knew he was going to play at this level, they probably wouldn't have taken Leinart in the first place.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •