View Poll Results: What do you think about Chiefs uniforms?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave them alone.

23 58.97%
  • Just add an alternate color.

3 7.69%
  • Complete overhaul.

10 25.64%
  • Don't care.

3 7.69%

Thread: Complete change in KC

Default Complete change in KC

Not that this is a major topic for discussion but more of a suggestion and a way of asking for help to spread the idea. I think in the middle of this rebuilding stage the Chiefs are in it would be a perfect time to update there uniforms. With a new GM, Head Coach and so many young players it would help create a new team identity and hopefully spark something in KC. History has shown that updating the team image can boost player morale and confidence. I.E. Cardinals, Buccs, Broncos, and Patriots to name a few. What do you guys think? How can we spearhead this message to the Chiefs management?

We could spearhead it a lot quicker if you would take five seconds and see that there are already threads about this. Not to mention this has to be one of the most unjustified statements I've heard, wanting to change uniforms is one thing, but crediting a change in image to success is bogus. There have been just as many teams that have had a uniform change that have failed miserably, the most apparent being the perenial last place Lions. The few teams you named are hardly credible examples, all of them were successful after a coaching/management change, the Bucs and Broncos have tapered off a bit in recent years and it remains to be seen if this Cardinal season was a miracle or if they can continue to perform at this level.

The other problem I have with this is that this organization doesn't need a facelift. Like every team, we've had bad years, but our current players should be proud to be wearing the same colors as the teams from the 60's, early 70's, 90's and early 2000's, heck, there have even been good years in the terrible 80's. You're a Nebraska man, you should know that Callahan tried to change the image of that program, and look where he and the program ended up. You change an image when you're trying to change an identity. This Chiefs' organization is a proud one, even if we haven't won the big game in 40 odd years, I wouldn't change it one bit.

I voted that there will be a change, not because I want one, but because this is the most reasonable year it can happen. With Hunt making some big moves this off-season, Pioli coming in, and new coaches, they may look at this as a time to change the uniforms. I do not think it will be a complete change, but that is how I feel.

You being a K-State fan, wouldn't know success if it fell on your face! :)

The only change of uniforms that I approve of is all white, for road games! Leave the Helmet ALONE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkone19 View Post
    You being a K-State fan, wouldn't know success if it fell on your face! :)
    Are you really going to make that argument? The Cats were the winningest team in the country for about a decade under Snyder.

Like someone else said, if they change it, leave the helmet alone. I don't see a change happening though.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.