Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Default Trade Idea

My friend was talking about an interesting trade idea for our team. Matt Cassell will probably be traded when (and if) Brady comes back in time to be there for summer workouts. If that is the case, what about we trade our 1st pick to NE for Cassel and their 1st round pick, and maybe a day 2 pick.

Essentially, with the draft value charts we would be using the equivalent of a mid-round pick on Cassel. We could use our 1st and second rounders to either move back down into the mid-early first to Maualuga, or Duke Robinson. Or we use NE 1st for Mack and our 2nd for Herman Johnson or Loadholt.

That would give us an O-line with:
    Loadholt/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Albert
    (Albert and Loadholt could be switched around)
    or
    Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Robinson/??? + Maualuga

Our O-line would be set, and we would have a pretty decent QB, and maybe our franchise LB.

Personally I like Thigpen, and Im not super impressed with Cassel, and I doubt NE would want to trade for a top 5 pick. That being said, what do you guys think?

We will probably have to wait to see if NE franchises Cassel. If they do it will cost them 17 mil.
    With Brady gettin' up there in years and with his slow rehab, I don't see NE letting him go.
    On the other hand, maybe Bilecheat has another qb he's eying and would be willing to trade Cassel to add to their cap room rather than subtract from it.
    Who knows...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    My friend was talking about an interesting trade idea for our team. Matt Cassell will probably be traded when (and if) Brady comes back in time to be there for summer workouts. If that is the case, what about we trade our 1st pick to NE for Cassel and their 1st round pick, and maybe a day 2 pick.

Essentially, with the draft value charts we would be using the equivalent of a mid-round pick on Cassel. We could use our 1st and second rounders to either move back down into the mid-early first to Maualuga, or Duke Robinson. Or we use NE 1st for Mack and our 2nd for Herman Johnson or Loadholt.

That would give us an O-line with:
    Loadholt/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Albert
    (Albert and Loadholt could be switched around)
    or
    Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Robinson/??? + Maualuga

Our O-line would be set, and we would have a pretty decent QB, and maybe our franchise LB.

Personally I like Thigpen, and Im not super impressed with Cassel, and I doubt NE would want to trade for a top 5 pick. That being said, what do you guys think?
    If we can make that trade, we make that trade. It makes sense in a lot of ways for both teams.

This big problem for NE is that they're giving up their backup QB and taking on a whole lot of rookie salary - for whom? Curry is really the only possible top 5 pick that makes any sense for NE, and I don't see the thrifty Pats paying top-5 money for a LB. Especially not in the last year or two before a rookie cap.

If we want Cassel, we'd probably have to make a trade like our 2nd this year and 2nd in 2010 - something similar to the Schaub trade. Frankly, I don't see enough difference between him and Thigpen for it to be worth it.

Cassel is TRASH and giving anything for him would be stupid!!!!!!!!

Sorry but Cassel is no better then what we have in Thigpen. Neither Thiggy or Cassel are our QOTF and it would be stupid to give up anything for Cassel when we already have someone just as good in Thipen.

I would rather draft one and take a chance if we MUST choose between Cassel and say Stafford.

I would rather work out something with another team for say Brohm or someone like that.

Yeah I really don't see Pioli trading for qb's this year.
    We gotta fix our lines 1st thing.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    the biggest problem for this is NE wouldn't want our first round pick. They'd probably want to stay where they're at so switching picks with them for Cassel wouldn't be logical to the Patriots. Drafting high isn't as appealing to owners as it is to us fans. When teams draft late, they are still just as likely to pick up someone as good, or even better in some cases, than players drafted in the top 10. The biggest upside is they don't have to spend nearly as much money on those players. I think it would take more to get Cassel and I'd rather just pick up Mark Sanchez if we'd be trying to address QB with our first round pick.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

[Cassel is TRASH and giving anything for him would be stupid!!!!!!!!] I AGREE 100% with this. Thiggy got better all year and with a fixed line and hooking up with our WR'S and Tony in 08 and getting use to Chan and his plan, he will be alot better in 09. All those close games we lost he has learned from and I think he will win those this year.

YUCK YUCK YUCK I DO NOT WANT MATT CASSEL. Think of what Thigpen could have done on that team, the same and better!

If we get cassel I am going to puke. do.not.want. we can get the same production out of a guy we already have!

Thig is just as good if not better then Cassel. he is just as accurate and is more mobile then Cassell. I think we stick with thigpen and improve our o-line. And get a RB that has some heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Thig is just as good if not better then Cassel. he is just as accurate and is more mobile then Cassell. I think we stick with thigpen and improve our o-line. And get a RB that has some heart.
    I agree. Thigpen is as good as Cassell IMO. Besides, I don't think NE will let him go, even if Brady is ready for training camp. Besides, we have more pressing issues on the team than worrying about a QB.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast