Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Default Trade Idea

My friend was talking about an interesting trade idea for our team. Matt Cassell will probably be traded when (and if) Brady comes back in time to be there for summer workouts. If that is the case, what about we trade our 1st pick to NE for Cassel and their 1st round pick, and maybe a day 2 pick.

Essentially, with the draft value charts we would be using the equivalent of a mid-round pick on Cassel. We could use our 1st and second rounders to either move back down into the mid-early first to Maualuga, or Duke Robinson. Or we use NE 1st for Mack and our 2nd for Herman Johnson or Loadholt.

That would give us an O-line with:
    Loadholt/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Albert
    (Albert and Loadholt could be switched around)
    or
    Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Robinson/??? + Maualuga

Our O-line would be set, and we would have a pretty decent QB, and maybe our franchise LB.

Personally I like Thigpen, and Im not super impressed with Cassel, and I doubt NE would want to trade for a top 5 pick. That being said, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Man, I wish everyone would lose the love for Cassell. I could do what he done with the offensive line he had! Left handed!
    Fixed.

Cassel has great receivers. But it's the scheme and o-line that made him successful.

Look at the Cards this year. Why are they so successful this year as opposed to their previous ones when they had Warner/Boldin/Fitz/Edge? Because the Cards changed their scheme (Haley) and because they upgraded their OL.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Fixed.

Cassel has great receivers. But it's the scheme and o-line that made him successful.

Look at the Cards this year. Why are they so successful this year as opposed to their previous ones when they had Warner/Boldin/Fitz/Edge? Because the Cards changed their scheme (Haley) and because they upgraded their OL.
    Exactly.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Exactly.

If three of our first four picks aren't OL this draft, or if we don't get some decent FA OL, I have no hope for 2009.

I, like everyone else, have been guilty of wanting a sexy pick in the 1st round (Crabtree, Maualuga, Curry, etc.), but a blind man could see that upgrading our OL is the only way to success.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    If three of our first four picks aren't OL this draft, or if we don't get some decent FA OL, I have no hope for 2009.

I, like everyone else, have been guilty of wanting a sexy pick in the 1st round (Crabtree, Maualuga, Curry, etc.), but a blind man could see that upgrading our OL is the only way to success.
    I think one or two would be plenty. Hell, just run it on one side.

I think one or two would be plenty. Hell, just run it on one side.
    Sackintosh and Taylor definetely gotta go. Neiswanger ain't far behind...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Sackintosh and Taylor definetely gotta go. Neiswanger ain't far behind...
    When we had Roaf and Shields, how often did we run right?

When we had Roaf and Shields, how often did we run right?
    I know what you're sayin'. I just can't see fixing half the problem...We really need to solidify the entire OL. These continual 3 and outs arn't gonna win us many games...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I know what you're sayin'. I just can't see fixing half the problem...We really need to solidify the entire OL. These continual 3 and outs arn't gonna win us many games...
    Neither's givin up 40 points.

But we can fix our OL through the draft. We probably can't fix the defense. We have enough young guys underachieving on our front seven.

Tell the truth, without a massive FA binge on defense, I don't see it getting fixed for 3-4 years, no matter how well we draft.

Yeah. This entire roster needs rebuilt (again). But I think Pioli will build our lines 1st - then go outside...
    SHUT IT

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast