View Poll Results: Should the Chiefs trade LJ?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 79.45%
  • No

15 20.55%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Chiefs trade LJ away?

Default Should the Chiefs trade LJ away?

We traded a Pro-bowler away, Jared Allen. We did get compensated draft picks. Jared wanted out, he hated the King and more. Now, Johnson wants out.

The difference is Johnson plays on his emotions. Larry said he does NOT want to play for the Chiefs. In fact, for my point of view he hasn't tried to make a big impact.

It all started when he held out of training camp for a raise. I don't think he ever really like Kansas City to begin with. In 2005, I saw alot of effort when he took the ball, and in 06' he struggled because the offensive line struggled. Then he broke his ankle or what ever. In 07' he lacked the ability's to make quick cut backs. In 08' it just got worse. I will give him credit to the line not blocking and Herm for not conditioning him or even the rest of the team for that matter.

We have Kobly Smith and Jamal Charles. I think they will do just fine, in the mean time patch up that oline with the 3rd round pick we recive from his trade. I think we can get a third rounder for him.

So what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    IMO, there are not that many great RB's this year. They got Moreno as the Number 1 in the RB's. Second is Benie Wells, his is injury prone. and 3rd is McCoy. Thats from ESPNs top 32 scout list. If your looking at 8 or 9 teams there are not enough top ranked backs....but then to consider in that there could be a 5th round pick up at RB who could be a total stud.

Bottom line is the you cant rely on the draft for good player. Its a risk.
    Well, I mean, you do build teams through the draft.
    LJ and his HUGE cap hit would be much more of a risk...
    And don't forget Shown Greene from Iowa.
    SHUT IT

Everyone always says "locker room cancer." But honestly I cannot remember him ever getting into an argument or any mention of him directly affecting other players. Yeah, he is not the team leader that you want/need out of a guy with that kind of contract. But I have never seen any evidence of him bringing down other players. The only thing I have ever heard from him is that he want/needs more carries to be effective. Which is true for his style of playing. He is a wear down the defense running-back. And when you are told you are the centerpiece of an offense, and then get 10 carries, I dont blame you for being upset. LJ's comments have always been about him and the coaching. He has never (and easily could/should have) complained about his horrific O-line, or (until Thigpen and the spread was installed) being the only legitimate threat on offense and running against 8/9 people in the box and getting hit behind the line.

TO is a locker room cancer, he creates animosity between other players and between players and coaching staff. Steve Smith broke his teammates face in a fight before the game. I think there are much worse examples of "locker room cancers" than LJ.

When a player speaks out to the media, that is usually a sign of a coaching problem. There is usually a lot of talk between coaches and players before he takes his dirty laundry out of the locker room. Bring in a coach that treats the players (all of them) right and earns their respect, then you wont hear about them speaking out to the media.

If I am wrong about LJ's effect on other players, and what he has said about them (if anything) please correct me.

As far as what I know for sure, LJ averaged 4.5 yards/carry. That makes him tied for the 9th best average in the year. Yes he does make a crapload of money, probably more than he was worth. Yes he has said he wants out, but he also said he wants out because he does not feel welcomed.

My vote is to keep him and get our money's worth so that we dont have to waste a draft pick or FA pickup on a RB. His contract is too high to be worth a trade, unless he takes a pay cut. Remember if we cut him, we still are on the hook for a crap-load of money, and he will get picked up by the Broncos and then run all over our horrible D (unless we make drastic changes).

Thats my two cents.

It seems when he really need the yardage, he didn't get it. I hope if he is on the team, he is a bench warm.

I just cant stand his attitude. This is why I want Priest back. :(

LJ is sewage. He beats and spits on women, runs into blockers and falls down, or makes a bee-line for the sideline.
    I know he wants to be a rap star. I say give him a kick start and ship him and his Bentley outta here to never return.
    What a joke - not to mention such a fantastic role model for our kids to idolize.
    LJ sucks a$$.
    SHUT IT

I voted no. But it really depends on what we could get out of him. If we can get a 2nd rd pick so that we can pick up Shonn Greene, then I vote yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    LJ is sewage. He beats and spits on women, runs into blockers and falls down, or makes a bee-line for the sideline.
    I know he wants to be a rap star. I say give him a kick start and ship him and his Bentley outta here to never return.
    What a joke - not to mention such a fantastic role model for our kids to idolize.
    LJ sucks a$$.
    :sign0156: LJ has no one to blame but himself. Seems as though his upbringing wasn't an issue. Just couldn't or wouldn't live up to his potential.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Hey jap1, I just wanted to comment that LJ does complain about the Chiefs' O-line. Is it deserved? Possibly. Is it good for the team that he complains about it? No. Him complaining about the O-line will not make them want to play better.

Look at how Big Ben handled his horrific O-line this season. He never said anything bad about them and always said the guys are trying hard out there.

If LJ was a team player, I would say we should keep the guy. He does some off the field issues. But even as far as actual ability, no, he does not deserve to stay. He is an average running back now who can't carry the pile like he once did. He had 5 fumbles this season (only 1 lost). He can barely pass block or chooses not to. He is not great at catching passes out of the backfield. He is a one dimensional running back. He can be replaced even if the Chiefs only get a fifth round for him. As far as money goes, it would save us money in the long run if we cut/trade him this season then letting him finish his contract here.

Adam Shefter talked about the financial part and Johnson's possible value in this link :

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs weigh options for Johnson «

should they? Yeah. Will they? probably not.

Should they a year and a half ago? HELL YES. Might have gotten something for him then.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

When we had a good "O" line, and L J ran for big yds we didn't miss Priest. now there are no running lanes and we fondly remember Priest as a saint. we forget how Priest dissed us at the end, how we held a roster spot for him for two years when he wouldn't even join his team mates for a game. I remember how great he was on the field running behind the best line in the nfl, and how not so great after. i remember how L J tore it up behind that same great line and after the line crumbled he needed to break 3 tackles in the backfield. i'm not defending him, he needs a good smack upside the head, only trying to put it all in perspective.

Get rid of the Cancer in the locker room and off the field. Get what you can for him, and go on.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast