Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

Default ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

ChiefsCrowd.com - Written by Coach

Adam Schefter has been adamant that there is no deal imminent for Mike Shanahan to be the next coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Adam Schefter has reportedly received his information from sources within the Denver Broncos organization and from Mike Shanahan directly.

However, ESPN's NFL Insider Chris Mortenson claims to have received initial information from his sources within the Chiefs organization that the Chiefs were very close to a deal with Mike Shanahan.

So, here's my question.

Do you think there is any chance that the Chiefs organization planted this story in the media to judge how it would be received by the media, the fans, and Mike Shanahan?

I find it very odd that Chris Mortenson could have been so wrong with this story. The leaking of this false story would help to explain the sudden about face that Chris Mortenson did on this story within only a few hours.

By leaking the news in the manner they did, the Chiefs organization was able to gain valuable reaction to the hiring of Mike Shanahan from key players such as Tony Gonzalez. The Chiefs were able to get the instant reaction of nearly every NFL analyst. Thousands of fans weighed in with their reactions on fan sites such as this Chiefs fansite. By planting the story, the Chiefs organization was able to test the waters without actually extending an offer to a very controversial hire from a longtime rival.

Do you think this story could have been planted to judge the reaction from the fans, the critics, and possibly Shanahan himself?

Come on Chief fans! Shanahan is the enemy he will always be the enemy!! Don't want him anywhere near my team!! There are coaches out there that can lead us to a Super Bowl other than Shanny!!

Go Chiefs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    Come on Chief fans! Shanahan is the enemy he will always be the enemy!! Don't want him anywhere near my team!! There are coaches out there that can lead us to a Super Bowl other than Shanny!!

Go Chiefs!!!!
    I agree with you to a certain extent I don't like the rat but I think he is a good HC just not a good GM/HC which he had become. If Pioli wants him I want him, I trust Pioli until he proves he can't do it. I used to trust CP in the 80's but then the league passed him by and he was past his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post

Go Chiefs!!!!
    I appreciate a fan who hate other AFC West opponents.

But now we must put our prejudice aside..hes not a Donk anymore..

Did the Raiders say we dont want Rich Gannon, the Donks Neil Smith or the Chargers say no to Shottenheimer? players or Coaches, .. the point is, if they are good and proven why not take it.

Its all probly mute anyway as we arent likely to get him, but think this offseason couldnt go better if we landed Pioli and Shanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    I appreciate a fan who hate other AFC West opponents.

Did the Raiders say we dont want Rich Gannon, the Donks Neil Smith or the Chargers say no to Shottenheimer? players or Coaches, .. the point is, if they are good and proven why not take it.
    The organizations did sign them, but I bet their fans were say, "NO, HE'S THE ENEMY!!!"
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

I just think it was a rumor that somehow grew legs in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    The organizations did sign them, but I bet their fans were say, "NO, HE'S THE ENEMY!!!"
    Another prough91 sighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Another prough91 sighting!
    I need to become more elusive. You keep catching me.

I need to become more elusive. You keep catching me.
    Your sig has me hypnotized ans is starting to make me dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Your sig has me hypnotized ans is starting to make me dizzy.
    Thats a side effect of the little blue pill, isn't it?

Thats a side effect of the little blue pill, isn't it?
    Yeah, I should have taken the red one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast