Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

Default ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

ChiefsCrowd.com - Written by Coach

Adam Schefter has been adamant that there is no deal imminent for Mike Shanahan to be the next coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Adam Schefter has reportedly received his information from sources within the Denver Broncos organization and from Mike Shanahan directly.

However, ESPN's NFL Insider Chris Mortenson claims to have received initial information from his sources within the Chiefs organization that the Chiefs were very close to a deal with Mike Shanahan.

So, here's my question.

Do you think there is any chance that the Chiefs organization planted this story in the media to judge how it would be received by the media, the fans, and Mike Shanahan?

I find it very odd that Chris Mortenson could have been so wrong with this story. The leaking of this false story would help to explain the sudden about face that Chris Mortenson did on this story within only a few hours.

By leaking the news in the manner they did, the Chiefs organization was able to gain valuable reaction to the hiring of Mike Shanahan from key players such as Tony Gonzalez. The Chiefs were able to get the instant reaction of nearly every NFL analyst. Thousands of fans weighed in with their reactions on fan sites such as this Chiefs fansite. By planting the story, the Chiefs organization was able to test the waters without actually extending an offer to a very controversial hire from a longtime rival.

Do you think this story could have been planted to judge the reaction from the fans, the critics, and possibly Shanahan himself?

Why fire a coach without having 1 in the wings ready to sign? Still I do not like the firing Of Herm for reasons I have posted back in the day...
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

All this info or miss info, makes me wonder if a 00 agent is working, Guru?????
    why whatever are you talking about.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yeah, I should have taken the red one.
    So you prefer pepsi over coke now?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I have to say that I am not too keen on this particular conspiracy theory. If the Chiefs did leak this to find out the reaction, what did they learn from it? Certainly there are easier ways to poll the players on the team without burning a potential bridge with the coach you are gossipping about.

Fans and Media are as fickle as a 16 year old virgin, since when did management really care what the fans thought and the media, they report and analyze, but more often than not they are dead wrong stuff anyway.

I would say that IF there is a conspiracy, then the conspiracy really was that they leaked Shanny's name in order to get the attention off of Haley so as to not violate league rules for making a deal with him prior to the Super Bowl. What better way to correct the damage of Haley's name being leaked than to leak another big name and throw the hounds off just about the time that Haley was saying he is not going to go anywhere.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Why fire a coach without having 1 in the wings ready to sign? Still I do not like the firing Of Herm for reasons I have posted back in the day...
    Eh, I think they have one, I just don't think they can announce it yet. Haley said what he had to say in order to make sure that his team was not distracted before the big game.

I really do believe they have someone in mind and probably already have a deal made with them, I believe this because they really have not annouced anyone they are interviewing as yet.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I would like to hear these reasons of why you do not think Herm should have been fired.

Thumbs down $$$ It is all about tha Benjamins

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I would like to hear these reasons of why you do not think Herm should have been fired.
    Spend on free agency for 1: Herm has 1 yr left He still gets paid--Wasted $$$ and you need more? That is beer money for 2..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Spend on free agency for 1: Herm has 1 yr left He still gets paid--Wasted $$$ and you need more? That is beer money for 2..
    Herm being on or off the team has nothing to do with the Chiefs spending money in free agency. Yeah, Herm gets paid for that last year, but was not likely to be re-signed. So why continue the direction Herm was going instead of instituting a new one now (which the team does need a new direction) when the timing would allow for the blame to not fall on one person.

New coach sounds like rebuild Like TG said Organization money not spent on free agency.. I am from tha money state..Mizzu has what? Deeep pockets?
    I'm out..

You are aware that doesn't make any sense, right?

That a coach's salary doesn't impact a team's salary cap?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast