Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

Default ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

ChiefsCrowd.com - Written by Coach

Adam Schefter has been adamant that there is no deal imminent for Mike Shanahan to be the next coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Adam Schefter has reportedly received his information from sources within the Denver Broncos organization and from Mike Shanahan directly.

However, ESPN's NFL Insider Chris Mortenson claims to have received initial information from his sources within the Chiefs organization that the Chiefs were very close to a deal with Mike Shanahan.

So, here's my question.

Do you think there is any chance that the Chiefs organization planted this story in the media to judge how it would be received by the media, the fans, and Mike Shanahan?

I find it very odd that Chris Mortenson could have been so wrong with this story. The leaking of this false story would help to explain the sudden about face that Chris Mortenson did on this story within only a few hours.

By leaking the news in the manner they did, the Chiefs organization was able to gain valuable reaction to the hiring of Mike Shanahan from key players such as Tony Gonzalez. The Chiefs were able to get the instant reaction of nearly every NFL analyst. Thousands of fans weighed in with their reactions on fan sites such as this Chiefs fansite. By planting the story, the Chiefs organization was able to test the waters without actually extending an offer to a very controversial hire from a longtime rival.

Do you think this story could have been planted to judge the reaction from the fans, the critics, and possibly Shanahan himself?

Technically, Mortensen is not wrong yet. Everything is just hearsay right now. PLUS, there are no QUOTES from Shanny saying anything is true one way or the other.

EDIT

Personally, I think the story has legs if for no other reason than the fact that everyone is denying it so emphatically right now. If it isn't true then why the press?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Damn. That was a scorch job!!!!

I've just seen so many people railing against Shefter because he was raining on so many people's parade when it came to Shanahan. My guess is Mort spoke to someone who bought into the Denver report and just regurgetated it back to Mort. Mort is such a gossip queen and doesn't checkout any of his stories. He just throws a bunch of sh!t against the wall and hope some of it sticks.

too much reading,...

but I will say Adam Schefters word from what I see on NFL Network everyday usually is quite accurate....so chances are, we arent getting shanahan, tho I wouldnt mind seeing him here.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I've just seen so many people railing against Shefter because he was raining on so many people's parade when it came to Shanahan. My guess is Mort spoke to someone who bought into the Denver report and just regurgetated it back to Mort. Mort is such a gossip queen and doesn't checkout any of his stories. He just throws a bunch of sh!t against the wall and hope some of it sticks.
    I have nothing against Shefter. And I'll admit that if Shanahan became the new head coach, I'd welcome him with open arms. The thing that got me about Shefter when it came to this story is that he took it personal. He made a comment about how the only he could be wrong about this story is if dear friends of his for many years were lying to him now. Anyone could question the way he responded to that rumor. I understand him wanting to show that he has allegiance with the Broncos and Shanahan, but I just want the news, not a soap opera.

There also has not been word one out of Shannahan saying the rumor is wrong or right.

Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

All this info or miss info, makes me wonder if a 00 agent is working, Guru?????

To be honest, I think Pioli is going to be notorious for pulling sneaky crap like this. I just have a gut feeling that the guy is up to some crazy scheme whenever I look at him. I like it. I mean, it's better than us coming out at the beginning of the season and publicly releasing our blueprints like we did last year. I hope other front offices start to fear us.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast