Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

Default ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Was the Shanahan story planted by the Chiefs organization?

ChiefsCrowd.com - Written by Coach

Adam Schefter has been adamant that there is no deal imminent for Mike Shanahan to be the next coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Adam Schefter has reportedly received his information from sources within the Denver Broncos organization and from Mike Shanahan directly.

However, ESPN's NFL Insider Chris Mortenson claims to have received initial information from his sources within the Chiefs organization that the Chiefs were very close to a deal with Mike Shanahan.

So, here's my question.

Do you think there is any chance that the Chiefs organization planted this story in the media to judge how it would be received by the media, the fans, and Mike Shanahan?

I find it very odd that Chris Mortenson could have been so wrong with this story. The leaking of this false story would help to explain the sudden about face that Chris Mortenson did on this story within only a few hours.

By leaking the news in the manner they did, the Chiefs organization was able to gain valuable reaction to the hiring of Mike Shanahan from key players such as Tony Gonzalez. The Chiefs were able to get the instant reaction of nearly every NFL analyst. Thousands of fans weighed in with their reactions on fan sites such as this Chiefs fansite. By planting the story, the Chiefs organization was able to test the waters without actually extending an offer to a very controversial hire from a longtime rival.

Do you think this story could have been planted to judge the reaction from the fans, the critics, and possibly Shanahan himself?

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    New coach sounds like rebuild Like TG said Organization money not spent on free agency.. I am from tha money state..Mizzu has what? Deeep pockets?

The coachs salary has no impact on the cap. So herms firing has nothing to do with money not being able to be spent in FA

And think about it. By canning Herm I bet the Chiefs make MORE than 4 million in revenue, making up for the soft hit of his salary. Not only that, if you think the Chiefs or Mr. Hunt didnt have the 4 million to waste(if you can call it waste, since keeping him and paying it would have been the real waste) you aren't paying attention~

Thumbs down Well duh>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You are aware that doesn't make any sense, right?

That a coach's salary doesn't impact a team's salary cap?

$$$ wasted period.. Free agentcy= $$
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Unhappy So many Herm haters..

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    The coachs salary has no impact on the cap. So herms firing has nothing to do with money not being able to be spent in FA

And think about it. By canning Herm I bet the Chiefs make MORE than 4 million in revenue, making up for the soft hit of his salary. Not only that, if you think the Chiefs or Mr. Hunt didnt have the 4 million to waste(if you can call it waste, since keeping him and paying it would have been the real waste) you aren't paying attention~
    Look at the cards this weekend..Greene gets no credit on what he envisioned like Herm. A rebuild team seems to take-I think 4 years. Now a new coach will want his agenda..The players liked Herm--Well some..Jared Allen could not wait to run otta KC. All the Haters got their wish. Not me:nnn:
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Spi, I also liked Herm, but not as a head coach. I think he is a great coach, just not a head coach, in the NFL!

Not on tha same pg,, Seee how much Green gets this weekend.. When Cards win...
    I'm out..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234