Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Lacks Pass Rush

Default Draft Lacks Pass Rush

This is not a wonderful draft year for the Chiefs. We need pass rushers. We need some bad. More than anything else on the team. And that is exactly what the draft barely has. If we don't pick at least 1 legit pass rusher in the Free Agency, we could be doomed on defense for yet another year...

your right!!!

If we don't get a DE in FA we are screwed!!!!!

I'm sure Pioli is aware of this, I look for him to pick up a DE as well as a LB in free agency.

A good pass rusher that can have a huge impact right out of college is pretty rare because the NFL tackles are so athletic and smart.... I agree w/ you guys in that we can't draft one early because they wouldn't help out the team immediately... Unless if someone w/ great value slips, but I think we should really concentrate on our O-line, LBs and get a solid Back up QB or the QBOTF

Um didnt we just trade away one of the best in the league????

Hopefully we can get some new guys on the line to get after the QB, and a defensive co-ordinator who can get it done

i am all about paul kruger he is a steal in the 3rd round he has the it factor. very high motor and gives every thing he has on every play. oh and he respects and loves the game

here is the suposed top 10

<OL> Everette Brown, Florida State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 250.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
    Projected Round (2009): Top 10 Pick.

1/9/09: The top 3-4 end in this class, Everette Brown notched 21.5 TFL, 13.5 sacks and four forced fumbles in 2008.

1/8/09: Pretty much a no-brainer for Everette Brown to declare early. He just had a big year and he already graduated.

11/16/08: Everette Brown's production has been amazing this season. In nine games, he has 15 TFL and nine sacks, which could prompt him to declare early.

7/30/08: A future right end or 3-4 rush linebacker, Everette Brown has proven to be a terror to quarterbacks; as a sophomore, Brown registered 11.5 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks. As an added bonus, Brown is reliable; he has yet to miss a game in his career as a Seminole.

Brian Orakpo, Texas
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.66.
    Projected Round (2009): Top 12 Pick.

1/9/09: Brian Orakpo finished the year with 15.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks, but struggled against Alex Boone in the Nacho Cheese Doritos Fiesta Bowl. The latest I could see him going is No. 11 to Buffalo, though the Chiefs could still take him at No. 3.

11/16/08: Brian Orakpo has been dominant this season, registering 13 TFL ands 8.5 sacks in nine games. He'll thrive at the combine as well, so it's likely he'll be a top-three selection come April.

5/7/08: Notched five sacks in 2007. Brian Orakpo's freakish athleticism will get him noticed.

2007: Brian Orakpo recorded 4.5 sacks despite starting just one game as a sophomore. He is now the full-time end, taking Tim Crowder's place. Orakpo will have a role in someone's 3-4 defense.

Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 257.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.63.
    Projected Round (2009): Top 25 Pick.

1/9/09: People to love to bash Michael Johnson for his lack of production, yet the Georgia Tech end compiled 17.5 TFL, nine sacks and seven passes broken up as a senior.

11/16/08: Athleticism has never been Michael Johnson's problem; it was the lack of production on the field. However, that has changed. In 10 games, he has 12 TFL and six sacks. He could go top 10.

5/7/08: Best suited for right end in the 4-3, but he's so physically talented he should be able to play rush linebacker in the 3-4. Michael Johnson had just four sacks in 2007, but he has the skillset and athleticism to improve upon that figure. The fact that he's 6-7 doesn't exactly hurt his draft stock.

2007: Any 3-4 hybrid linebacker who has a 4.6 and weighs 250 or more pounds definitely has a shot to go in the first round. Michael Johnson is a solid pass rusher, accumulating four sacks in 2007. He considered leaving school early but decided to return for his senior campaign, showing intelligence and character.

Aaron Maybin, Penn State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 240.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.61.
    Projected Round (2009): Top 25 Pick.

1/14/09: It's that dreaded P-Word. Aaron Maybin, just 20 years old, is very undersized, but has tons of potential. Maybin, declaring as a redshirt sophomore, had just one productive year at Penn State. He collected 20 TFL and 12 sacks in 2008.

Paul Kruger, Utah
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
    Projected Round (2009): 1-2.

1/12/09: Coming off a national championship victory over Alabama, Paul Kruger has decided to declare for the 2009 NFL Draft as a mere redshirt sophomore. Though he could stay in school until he's 2011, I really don't have a problem with this; chances are, his stock will never be higher than it is now. In 13 games, Kruger recorded 61 tackles, 16.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks and seven passes broken up.

Tyson Jackson, LSU
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 292.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.85.

11/16/08: Tyson Jackson has 4.5 sacks this year, but he won't provide much of a pass rush in the NFL. He'll be great against the run.

5/7/08: Still the best 4-3 left end or 3-4 end available in this class.

2007: Tyson Jackson has announced that he'll be returning for his senior season.

Pretty much the same build as Adam Carriker, only with a much faster Projected 40 Time. Will play up front in the 4-3 or 3-4. Notched 8.5 sacks in 2006.

Larry English, Northern Illinois
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 254.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

1/9/09: Larry English finished his senior campaign with 14.5 TFL, eight sacks and three forced fumbles.

11/16/08: Larry English is not going to match the 10.5 sacks he had in 2007. He has 4.5 sacks through nine games.

5/7/2008: Despite being the only talented defensive lineman on Northern Illinois' front, Larry English still managed 10.5 sacks, giving him 22.5 the past two years. I don't care whom you're playing - numbers like that can't be ignored. Look for English to shoot up draft boards like fellow MAC end Jason Jones did in April.

2007: Larry English recorded 12 sacks as a sophomore.

Clint Sintim, Virginia
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 254.
    Projected Projected 40 Time: 4.66.

Also listed in the outside linebacker section.

11/16/08: Playing rush linebacker in the 3-4, Clint Sintim has been a pass-rushing machine, owning 12.5 TFL and 11 sacks in 10 games.

5/16/08: Clint Sintim should be able to play strongside or middle linebacker at the next level. After struggling through injuries in 2006, Sintim had an outstanding junior campaign. One more great season, and we could be talking second round.

Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 253.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
    Projected Round (2009): 2.

1/9/09: Connor Barwin finished strong, compiling 15 TFL, 11 sacks, seven passes broken up and three blocked kicks in 14 games.

11/16/08: Connor Barwin has emerged for the upstart Bearcats, registering seven sacks and 9.5 TFL. More impressively, he has three blocked kicks!

document.write('');

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Um didnt we just trade away one of the best in the league????

dont remind me! it makes me want to weep tears of chiefs colored face paint :(

Honestly I glad we traded Allen. OK OK he is a stud, but he wanted out and we got a pretty good deal for him

IF we sign Suggs to be our new DE.

Jared Allen is 26 (5 years Experience)

Terrell Suggs is also 26 (6 years Experience)

The Viks paid Allen about 73 mill. I'm guessing we can get Suggs for cheaper in FA. I think Suggs we be just as good as Allen was for us at DE.

SOOOOOOOOO IF WE GET SUGGS

Jared Allen

FOR

Terrell Suggs, Brandon Albert, Jamal Charles and DaJuan Morgan

I say we will end up with the better deal LOL.

I know we didn't GET Suggs from the Allen trade, BUT if we would of kept Allen we would have to of paid him around 70mill JUST like we will for Suggs BUT we also gained 3 other draft picks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast