Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trading Thigpen!!!!

Default Trading Thigpen!!!!

I read on another forum about an idea to trade away Thigpen and get like the Lions 20th pick!!!!

I was just wondering what you guys think his value is and what we could get out of him? If people are saying it would take our 3rd overall to get Cassel I would think Thigpen could get us a mid 1st rounder as well don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post

And Byron Leftwich is right-handed. But it is a common mistake probably because of his name.
    But he bats left handed.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    And Byron Leftwich is right-handed. But it is a common mistake probably because of his name.
    is that REALLY a "common mistake?" LMAO

Don't trade Thigpen.

He will be a franchise QB someday, I hope it's for the Chiefs.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Don't trade Thigpen.

He will be a franchise QB someday, I hope it's for the Chiefs.
    Really? Would you care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    He believes he will be good is no different than you believing he won't why do either of you have to elaborate it is your opinions is all so people should take it for what it is worth. I personally think if he had an OL and running game he might be a good QB not sure if he will be great though but only time will tell.

Thigpen is 6'3" and 220 with a good arm and very good mobility. His college stats were pretty good even though it was a small college. He improved as the year progressed. As our O Line gets better, so will he.

Why even bother with Cassell when he is no better than Thigpen?

PS- He scored a 21 on the Wonderlic as well...So he is not a dumb arse like one well known Titan QB! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Not really. Got somebody else in mind?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Thigpen is 6'3" and 220 with a good arm and very good mobility. His college stats were pretty good even though it was a small college. He improved as the year progressed. As our O Line gets better, so will he.

Why even bother with Cassell when he is no better than Thigpen?
    I'm a Thigpen fan, but.. for me I thought he actually looked worse as the season progressed. His best game was his 1st start in the spread: 25-36 280 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs.

The completion % towards the end of the year is what bothered me the most. he was right around 50% most games. I think he really needs to work on his accuracy. I saw a lot of balls that should have been picked off, so his INTs are somewhat deceiving for me.

Don't get me wrong though, I like Thigpen a lot. His ability to scramble and pick up 1st downs on plays where most QBs would end up being sacked for a loss is a huge advantage. I also think that his accuracy will improve as he gains experience, and adding a possession receiver would help too. All the D-Bowe drops this year sure didn't help. We need a Welker/Housh type of guy on the team.

He's a VERY young QB.

Give him time and an some kind of O line.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast