Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading Thigpen!!!!

Default Trading Thigpen!!!!

I read on another forum about an idea to trade away Thigpen and get like the Lions 20th pick!!!!

I was just wondering what you guys think his value is and what we could get out of him? If people are saying it would take our 3rd overall to get Cassel I would think Thigpen could get us a mid 1st rounder as well don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I read on another forum about an idea to trade away Thigpen and get like the Lions 20th pick!!!!

I was just wondering what you guys think his value is and what we could get out of him? If people are saying it would take our 3rd overall to get Cassel I would think Thigpen could get us a mid 1st rounder as well don't ya think?
    You can't really believe that, can you?

At best, we might get a 5th rounder from a team like Tennessee or Carolina, who would want a young QB as a backup to an aging starter. No one is trading for Thigpen to run their team.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You can't really believe that, can you?

At best, we might get a 5th rounder from a team like Tennessee or Carolina, who would want a young QB as a backup to an aging starter. No one is trading for Thigpen to run their team.
    I agree with JM.

I don't think any team will really want him, he is not quite proven yet. Tho, I am sure the Viks would rather have him over Jackson anyday!

What do you think Cassel is worth? I think Thigpen is a TON better then Cassel myself. Of course I wouldn't give a 7th for Cassel but thats just me hehehe

What do you think Cassel is worth? I think Thigpen is a TON better then Cassel myself. Of course I wouldn't give a 7th for Cassel but thats just me hehehe
    Cassel is worth a lot more than Thigpen because he won 11 games this year, had great stats, was mentored by Bill Belichek, and played in a pro-style offense.

Thigpen isn't worth a lot because he won 1 game this year, had so-so stats (especially completion %), was mentored by Herm Edwards, and played in a college-style offense.

Cassel, at worst, would demand a high 2nd round, low 1st round pick.

Thigpen, at best, would demand a 5th rounder.

And its funny, I would sooo much rather have thigpen over Cassel.

And its funny, I would sooo much rather have thigpen over Cassel.
    Maybe, but you're pretty alone in that. Cassel looks to have the better arm and better accuracy. It isn't worth what it would take to trade for him, not when we have so many holes to fill using the draft, but if Cassel were a FA, we'd be nuts not to try to sign him.

first we steal their Super Bowl victory then their future franchise quarterback. MWAHAHAHA. You could rebuttal by saying they stole our star DE but they had to spend a record amount of money on him so I'd hardly call it a steal.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Maybe, but you're pretty alone in that.
    that's what you think
    Trade Idea - Page 2 - Kansas City Chiefs Forums
    Seems to me that YOU'RE alone in wanting to take him.
    Why would you want Cassel for millions of dollars when we have a QB that many believe is just as good for less than six-figures? Just because Cassel's numbers are a little better doesn't mean he's a better QB.
    Thigpen played in a few more pointless games than Cassel, bringing his numbers down a bit. For example, the game against Atlanta when he was still a third stringer with no motivation knowing he wasn't going to be the starter and the last game at Cincy where the entire team gave up before he had a chance to throw one pass. You also have to take into consideration that Cassel played on a much better team than Thigpen did. I'm not quite sold on people saying Thigpen isn't very accurate because I think you should attribute a good number of his missfires and interceptions on the recievers. Outside of Bowe and Gonzo, we have some of the worst recievers in the league. I guarantee you that Wes Welker alone made Matt Cassel look a hell of a lot more accurate than Thigpen.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast