Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trading Thigpen!!!!

Hybrid View

Default Trading Thigpen!!!!

I read on another forum about an idea to trade away Thigpen and get like the Lions 20th pick!!!!

I was just wondering what you guys think his value is and what we could get out of him? If people are saying it would take our 3rd overall to get Cassel I would think Thigpen could get us a mid 1st rounder as well don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I read on another forum about an idea to trade away Thigpen and get like the Lions 20th pick!!!!

I was just wondering what you guys think his value is and what we could get out of him? If people are saying it would take our 3rd overall to get Cassel I would think Thigpen could get us a mid 1st rounder as well don't ya think?
    You can't really believe that, can you?

At best, we might get a 5th rounder from a team like Tennessee or Carolina, who would want a young QB as a backup to an aging starter. No one is trading for Thigpen to run their team.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

At best, we might get a 5th rounder from a team like Tennessee or Carolina, who would want a young QB as a backup to an aging starter. No one is trading for Thigpen to run their team.
    I agree with JM.

I agree with you 100%. Whereas someone will trade for or pick up Cassel to run their team for good or bad.

I agree because Thiggie is a one win wonder.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I don't think any team will really want him, he is not quite proven yet. Tho, I am sure the Viks would rather have him over Jackson anyday!

What do you think Cassel is worth? I think Thigpen is a TON better then Cassel myself. Of course I wouldn't give a 7th for Cassel but thats just me hehehe

What do you think Cassel is worth? I think Thigpen is a TON better then Cassel myself. Of course I wouldn't give a 7th for Cassel but thats just me hehehe
    Cassel is worth a lot more than Thigpen because he won 11 games this year, had great stats, was mentored by Bill Belichek, and played in a pro-style offense.

Thigpen isn't worth a lot because he won 1 game this year, had so-so stats (especially completion %), was mentored by Herm Edwards, and played in a college-style offense.

Cassel, at worst, would demand a high 2nd round, low 1st round pick.

Thigpen, at best, would demand a 5th rounder.

And its funny, I would sooo much rather have thigpen over Cassel.

And its funny, I would sooo much rather have thigpen over Cassel.
    Maybe, but you're pretty alone in that. Cassel looks to have the better arm and better accuracy. It isn't worth what it would take to trade for him, not when we have so many holes to fill using the draft, but if Cassel were a FA, we'd be nuts not to try to sign him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast