Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trading Thigpen!!!!

Default Trading Thigpen!!!!

I read on another forum about an idea to trade away Thigpen and get like the Lions 20th pick!!!!

I was just wondering what you guys think his value is and what we could get out of him? If people are saying it would take our 3rd overall to get Cassel I would think Thigpen could get us a mid 1st rounder as well don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Thigpen is 6'3" and 220 with a good arm and very good mobility. His college stats were pretty good even though it was a small college. He improved as the year progressed. As our O Line gets better, so will he.

Why even bother with Cassell when he is no better than Thigpen?
    First, Thigpen is only 6'1"

I will say this. If any team shows a good enough trade for Thigpen, I think we should take it. I have been thinking about this since this thread started, and while it's not realistic we get a first round, if we are offered something more than Thigpen's worth, we should take it. I have been on the bandwagon saying Thigpen deserves to be the starting QB next season. The hard part is to know if who will offer something for him and what they will offer. I think if any team offers a second round, which is a stretch, that is a no brainer. I like Thigpen, but he is replaceable. He may turn into a good QB, but it probably won't be under our staff. He needs a good QB coach who can teach him better than we can. If we traded him off, I think we still skip on QB this year. We'll just use Croyle and Gray for the season and draft one next year when the team is built up.

No dice. Outside of Thig, we don't have a qb on this roster that can last a couple games or win a couple games. If Thig gets traded, he WILL have to be replaced THIS year...IMO.
    SHUT IT

Thiggy has some great attributes and he has some downfalls. He can scramble when needed and he has a nice arm. He does however have accuracy problems which could possibly improve with a better O line.

The real question is - Do we think he can lead us to a Super Bowl. Can he put the team on his back and carry them?

I doubt it....

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    Thiggy has some great attributes and he has some downfalls. He can scramble when needed and he has a nice arm. He does however have accuracy problems which could possibly improve with a better O line.

The real question is - Do we think he can lead us to a Super Bowl. Can he put the team on his back and carry them?

I doubt it....
    Either Manning much less Casell could not lead THIS team to the SB! I think TT if the rest of the team was good could and good coaching get a team to the SB but that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post

I doubt it....
    It's hard to be accurate when you're running your a$$ off from the defense. Everyone go back to look. Most of the time he wasn't throwing on the run by choice.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

thigpen does not have close to that in value.we have no option but to sit on thigpen and see what kind of player he will be. wich is the smart move anyway as far as cassell i think he is totaly fine with being a backup behind brady after listening to him on the jim rome show yesterday

Thumbs up

KEEP THIGPEN... The receivers all love him and there the ones catching the passes... Well the ones that don't drop balls at least. and personally I wouldn't even trade him straight up for Cassel. Yea, Cassel played good this year but come on, I could throw touchdown passes to Moss all day long with the time they give him. I like going into training camp with thig and croyle. Even though Croyle gets hurt every 4 plays that he is in I think he is still promising and could very well be one of the best back ups in the league. Next to Damon Huard of course. They saw enough potential in him to go into two seasons in a row with him as the starter so it can't hurt to fall back on him this year if Thig can't hack it. it's not like this team is looking to go to the super bowl this coming year. All of us on here would just love to see them play a week after the season ends and i think Thig can do that... It's just up to the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Cassel is worth a lot more than Thigpen because he won 11 games this year, had great stats, was mentored by Bill Belichek, and played in a pro-style offense.

Thigpen isn't worth a lot because he won 1 game this year, had so-so stats (especially completion %), was mentored by Herm Edwards, and played in a college-style offense.

Cassel, at worst, would demand a high 2nd round, low 1st round pick.

Thigpen, at best, would demand a 5th rounder.
    I agree with this 100%. To me Thigpen's ceiling is the best backup in the league. He would be perfect in that role .If your starter goes down,staying out of harm's way a Thigpen strength would come in handy.
    People always say Cassel had it made because of talent around him but you still have to get the job done and he did.
    I believe through his choice of HC Pioli will be installing a more conventional offense.

Quote Originally Posted by johnNYchief View Post
    I agree with this 100%. To me Thigpen's ceiling is the best backup in the league. He would be perfect in that role .If your starter goes down,staying out of harm's way a Thigpen strength would come in handy.
    People always say Cassel had it made because of talent around him but you still have to get the job done and he did.
    I believe through his choice of HC Pioli will be installing a more conventional offense.
    I respectfully disagree. I don't see how anyone can accurately evaluate Thigpen until he has a little time to throw the ball.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by johnNYchief View Post
    The nice thing is that Gailey (it seems like Pioli wants to keep him as OC) is better known for his power running offense than his passing offense.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast