Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Default Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Plain and simple....is he or isnt he worth the no.3 overall pick in the upcming 2009 nfl draft...

i would rather have Maualuga at 12-15

I think I would take Rey at 3 because that is a position we need to address. Tell me a team that wouldnt take mirriman at 3 right now. I think in my opinion Rey can be that kind of impact player. Also hope Raiders dont get Crabtree. Hate to have to cover him twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I don't see either of those two teams looking at Crabtree. Detroit is a wildcard IMO. They need help everywhere except WR.
    Ironically, Crabtree would be a pretty good choice for them this year, if they could get Sanchez or Freeman at 20.

I dont get you guys? Have you seen Curry? If you havent, visit youtube for a while and get back to me. Maualuga over Curry? Mike Mayock would slap you silly. Aaron Curry is the second best all around player in the draft and #3 is far away. After the combine, this guy will have as much hype as anybody drafted in recent years. YOU would love to have Curry, YOU just dont know it.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Ironically, Crabtree would be a pretty good choice for them this year, if they could get Sanchez or Freeman at 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I dont get you guys? Have you seen Curry? If you havent, visit youtube for a while and get back to me. Maualuga over Curry? Mike Mayock would slap you silly. Aaron Curry is the second best all around player in the draft and #3 is far away. After the combine, this guy will have as much hype as anybody drafted in recent years. YOU would love to have Curry, YOU just dont know it.
    Thought you might enjoy this article and explanation on why Aaron Curry won't be a Top 3 pick.
    http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftpicks.php

Quote Originally Posted by Chieffaninfl View Post
    I think I would take Rey at 3 because that is a position we need to address. Tell me a team that wouldnt take mirriman at 3 right now. I think in my opinion Rey can be that kind of impact player. Also hope Raiders dont get Crabtree. Hate to have to cover him twice a year.
    For the Raiders to get Crabtree, he will have to slip past Seattle. Almost everyone predicts Seattle will take Crabtree, which means if Oakland wants Crabtree, they'll have to trade up. And since we are right before Seattle, we would be the likely candidate.

Will that actually happen? Probably not. It would be smart to move down a few, grab a few extra picks, but many people speculate whether the Chiefs would make deals with Oakland. The way I see it, if Jamarcus Russell is the one that has to the throw the ball to Crabtree, then we have nothing to worry about. While Al Davis is known for taking the freak athlete in the draft, he has not drafted a receiver in the first round since Tim Brown in 1988. So you have to wonder what he will do this season. I've heard some talk about how he is interested in Crabtree to help the development and production of Jarmarcus Russell.

This is the only team I see the Chiefs being able to trade with. Take it however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    For the Raiders to get Crabtree, he will have to slip past Seattle. Almost everyone predicts Seattle will take Crabtree, which means if Oakland wants Crabtree, they'll have to trade up. And since we are right before Seattle, we would be the likely candidate.

Will that actually happen? Probably not. It would be smart to move down a few, grab a few extra picks, but many people speculate whether the Chiefs would make deals with Oakland. The way I see it, if Jamarcus Russell is the one that has to the throw the ball to Crabtree, then we have nothing to worry about. While Al Davis is known for taking the freak athlete in the draft, he has not drafted a receiver in the first round since Tim Brown in 1988. So you have to wonder what he will do this season. I've heard some talk about how he is interested in Crabtree to help the development and production of Jarmarcus Russell.

This is the only team I see the Chiefs being able to trade with. Take it however you want.
    Excellent post. I think the Chiefs would make a deal with Oakland if it was fair. Especially considering the money Hunt could save by not having to pick at #3.

I also think that the Bears could be in the market for Crabtree. I have not read it anywhere, but it makes sense IMO. This is a make or break year for Kyle Orton. Their defense isn't getting any younger. I'd take Crabtree over Brandon Lloyd or Rashied Davis any day of the week. I think most Bears fans would love that pick. If they could bring in a big time receiver like Crabtree to pair up with the rapidly improving RB Matt Forte, then Kyle Orton has every chance to succeed. Especially with the defense they have.

I know most people probably disagree with me, but I do think Curry is a better overall LB than Maualuga. He is not as tenacious nor does he have the killer instinct that Rey has, but he is certainly quicker, faster, better at reading the pass, and a better pass rusher. The latter is the main reason I consider him a better fit for the Chiefs.

Maualuga is going to be a very good linebacker in the NFL. I'm just not so sure he'll be an every down LB, whereas I think Curry will be.

Even if we can't trade down I still say we should take Rey. I think he will do nothing but get better. Would not be upset with Curry, but Maualuga woul dbe my number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by KCCAT21 View Post
    Even if we can't trade down I still say we should take Rey. I think he will do nothing but get better. Would not be upset with Curry, but Maualuga woul dbe my number 1.
    We can probably trade back into the 1st to get Maualuga if we want him that badly. Some mocks have him dropping down to 20.

Maualuga will go 3rd to us

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast