Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Default Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Plain and simple....is he or isnt he worth the no.3 overall pick in the upcming 2009 nfl draft...

i would rather have Maualuga at 12-15

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I think Curry could be worth the third overall. However, my question on the guy is his speed. Everyone talks about Maualuga having great sideline to sideline speed. I do not hear that so much about Curry. I hear he is a playmaker, but if he does not have the speed, then third may be a little high for him. That is my assessment on him. As far as the rest of Curry's game, he looks great. Good tackling, coverage, skill/talent, reaction. All good.
    Speed can be improved, if that is really a problem at all. Besides, he is a "gamer" for sure and that is what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I know most people probably disagree with me, but I do think Curry is a better overall LB than Maualuga. He is not as tenacious nor does he have the killer instinct that Rey has, but he is certainly quicker, faster, better at reading the pass, and a better pass rusher. The latter is the main reason I consider him a better fit for the Chiefs.

Maualuga is going to be a very good linebacker in the NFL. I'm just not so sure he'll be an every down LB, whereas I think Curry will be.
    You cannot teach someone to have that killer instinct, you either do or dont. The rest of the stuff (except for maybe speed) SHOULD be improved with a good Defensive coaching staff (which we havent had for awhile) or some veteran mentorship.

That being said, do you want the player that has great skills right now ... or the player that has the great drive and attitude and will become a great player in a year or two. Its a tough decision.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Maualuga will go 3rd to us
    Not if Andre Smith is there.

Could happen. Curry, Raji, Monroe, Smith might also go 3rd. OL is usually safe, low-risk pick and this year the safe pick happens to be an area of need, so I think we go ol 1st pick.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Could happen. Curry, Raji, Monroe, Smith might also go 3rd. OL is usually safe, low-risk pick and this year the safe pick happens to be an area of need, so I think we go ol 1st pick.
    Pioli and Bilicheck built the Patriots from the inside out. I would expect him to solidfy the lines with the 3rd round pick, since it is much harder to find good Offensive lineman.

Historically, the Patriots drafted Oline and d-line and then signed their Line backers through Free agency or later in the draft.

I haven't seen one draft prediction that has him going in the top ten. Most have him in the 13-16 range. Right where he should be in my opinion.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I think Curry could be worth the third overall. However, my question on the guy is his speed. Everyone talks about Maualuga having great sideline to sideline speed. I do not hear that so much about Curry. I hear he is a playmaker, but if he does not have the speed, then third may be a little high for him. That is my assessment on him. As far as the rest of Curry's game, he looks great. Good tackling, coverage, skill/talent, reaction. All good.
    If the Chiefs are to draft a LB at the #3 spot he needs to develop into an elite athlete in the molds of R.Lewis, B.Urlacher, otherwise he'll be considered only adequate or a bust. Curry, Maualuga and Laurinaitis all could be considered but fit better as a mid-1st to early-2nd round picks. Unless we pick up leadership through free-agency my main quality I would choose to separate these three would be their leadership potential, something we are sorely lacking on D.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    If the Chiefs are to draft a LB at the #3 spot he needs to develop into an elite athlete in the molds of R.Lewis, B.Urlacher, otherwise he'll be considered only adequate or a bust. Curry, Maualuga and Laurinaitis all could be considered but fit better as a mid-1st to early-2nd round picks. Unless we pick up leadership through free-agency my main quality I would choose to separate these three would be their leadership potential, something we are sorely lacking on D.
    There are a few free agents worth looking at. I know Jonathan Vilma is a name I like to throw at people. He is slightly smaller for a middle linebacker but plays great. He is a sure tackler, great in pass coverage, and has great speed for a linebacker. I think the Chiefs could bring him in and he could become the leader of this defense.

I was hoping that Terrell Suggs would become a free agent, but it looks like he wants to return to Baltimore. Oh well. He would have been a good motivational leader, plus, the guy has a high motor.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post

The problem with this response is that you mentioned Maualuga and Laurinaitis in the same sentence as Curry. I will say it again. I dont think you understand! Curry is the second best all around player in this draft the other linebackers are just some good linebackers.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Curry is a beast. He is good and very well worth the #3 pick if we keep it. He has great size and strength. He has that killer LB instinct. He is a leader and will be a very good player whoever he goes too.

I just want to know what defensive scheme we will be running next year. He is not much for defending the pass.

Yes. He is worth it. But will we keep the #3 pick? Stay tuned...lol

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast