Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Default Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Plain and simple....is he or isnt he worth the no.3 overall pick in the upcming 2009 nfl draft...

i would rather have Maualuga at 12-15

YES, but I would rather take Maualuga over Curry SOOO I guess you could say BOTH Curry and Maualuga are worth the 3rd overall pick.

I am with you on trading down and still getting Maualuga, but I might wanna do it with say the Jags or a team closer to 10th. I just think Maualuga will go no later then 12th and I would hate to take a chance hehehe. PLUS in a lot of Mocks they have the Jags taking a LT SOO maybe they would want to trade up to get one of the 3 stud LT's /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Plain and simple....is he or isnt he worth the no.3 overall pick in the upcming 2009 nfl draft...

I think Curry could be worth the third overall. However, my question on the guy is his speed. Everyone talks about Maualuga having great sideline to sideline speed. I do not hear that so much about Curry. I hear he is a playmaker, but if he does not have the speed, then third may be a little high for him. That is my assessment on him. As far as the rest of Curry's game, he looks great. Good tackling, coverage, skill/talent, reaction. All good.

I would rather have Curry over Maualuga... I am reluctant to draft another player who looks like a stud with a defense full of studs. The question then becomes does he make the player around him better or are they making him look better. Such was the case with Ryan Sims, Tank Tyler, and possibly Dorsey.

It is more obvious that Curry is making the plays with less help that Maualuga.

That being said, I think O line is better and I wouldn't take either using the 3rd.

Aaron Curry
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 241.
    Projected Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

Rey Maualuga
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 254.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.68.

James Laurinaitis
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 243.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.54.

These are the Top three LB's in the draft. As you can see Maualuga has the size NOW for the NFL while the others could use a few pounds to play middle.

BUT with that size Rey looses some speed as you can see the other two guys are about the same.

Some people say Curry could play MLB in the NFL, but I really think he is a true OLB from watching him play and his size. We need a MLB more then a OLB and I feel Maualuga would give us the better value in player vs need.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post

Plain and simple . . . NO!

I like Curry, but 3 is way to high to pick a LB. When was the last time one was taken in the top-5? LeVar Arrington?

We need LBs very desperately, but we need a lot of things desperately. Almost no LB is worth the high salary associated with a top-5 pick. I'd rather take a chance on Orakpo than draft Curry.

We should just play it safe, get a great LT, and try to fix our LB problems through FA or in the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I'd rather take a chance on Orakpo than draft Curry.
    That is a gamble. Take a guy like Orapko that is a gamble at DE and pay him Top 3 money. Or get a LB like Curry that will is much more likely to succeed. I understand the dilemna, but I think I would rather pass on a project like Orapko or a QB to get an almost sure thing like another OL or LB. But I'm sure I will change my mind about 20 times between now and draft day.

This is another very big draft for the Chiefs. I really wish they could trade down, that would make things so much easier for the Chiefs.

Some say that they have heard legends of all-pro DE's being drafted in the fourth round...

I kid I kid!

Really though, I have a feeling we will end up trading down.. that is if someone is willing~

Question Who is going to tarde with us

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    YES, but I would rather take Maualuga over Curry SOOO I guess you could say BOTH Curry and Maualuga are worth the 3rd overall pick.

I am with you on trading down and still getting Maualuga, but I might wanna do it with say the Jags or a team closer to 10th. I just think Maualuga will go no later then 12th and I would hate to take a chance hehehe. PLUS in a lot of Mocks they have the Jags taking a LT SOO maybe they would want to trade up to get one of the 3 stud LT's /shrug

I keep asking this last year when everyone said we need to trade our first pick, who is our dancing pardner going to be, it takes someone that wants someone that high in the draft that will not be there later. Say someone wants a player that they feel will be taken by the team picking 12th they will try to trade up to around 10 to get their man before the team picking 12 they will not trade up to 3 to get him.

So what has to happen for us to be able to trade is someone has to be there that someone else wants that high maybe and OL this year is about the only thing I can see with the exeption of Crabtree if someone is in love with him and think he is the next coming of Jerry Rice. A lot will depend who Detroit and St Louis takes.
    :owws:

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post

I keep asking this last year when everyone said we need to trade our first pick, who is our dancing pardner going to be, it takes someone that wants someone that high in the draft that will not be there later. Say someone wants a player that they feel will be taken by the team picking 12th they will try to trade up to around 10 to get their man before the team picking 12 they will not trade up to 3 to get him.

So what has to happen for us to be able to trade is someone has to be there that someone else wants that high maybe and OL this year is about the only thing I can see with the exeption of Crabtree if someone is in love with him and think he is the next coming of Jerry Rice. A lot will depend who Detroit and St Louis takes.
    :owws:

I don't see either of those two teams looking at Crabtree. Detroit is a wildcard IMO. They need help everywhere except WR.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast