Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Default Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Plain and simple....is he or isnt he worth the no.3 overall pick in the upcming 2009 nfl draft...

i would rather have Maualuga at 12-15

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Actually Lewis never said he would give a discount. When asked to comment on what Suggs said, this is what he said:

"[W]hat he really is talking about is a brotherhood. That's the reason why we played so passionately. There's a commitment to each other. A lot of times in life, you don't like to see that go. But it's business. It happens."

That could be interpreted as him saying he is in it for the business more than the brotherhood.
    I agree. However, I do not think that the Chiefs should grab Lewis at the age 33 when they could grab Vilma when he's only 26 years old and a great linebacker in a 4-3 defense. So the real question comes as to what defense will the Chiefs play.

Mike Mayock's top prospects by position for the 2009 NFL DraftRankPlayerSchoolQuarterbacks
    *Matthew StaffordGeorgia
    *Mark SanchezSouthern California
    *Josh FreemanKansas State
    *Nate DavisBall State
    Rhett BomarSam Houston StateRunning backs
    *Chris WellsOhio State
    *Knowshon MorenoGeorgia
    *LeSean McCoyPittsburgh
    *Donald BrownConnecticut
    *Mike GoodsonTexas A&MFullback
    Tony FiammettaSyracuase
    Quinn JohnsonLSU
    Brannan SoutherlandGeorgiaWide receivers
    *Michael CrabtreeTexas Tech
    *Jeremy MaclinMissouri
    *Darrius Heyward-BeyMaryland
    *Percy HarvinFlorida
    *Kenny BrittRutgersTight ends
    Brandon PettigrewOklahoma State
    Shawn NelsonSouthern Mississippi
    Cornelius IngramFlorida
    *James CaseyRice
    Travis BeckumWisconsinCenters
    Max UngerOregon
    Eric WoodLouisville
    Alex MackCalifornia
    A.Q. ShipleyPenn State
    Antoine CaldwellAlabamaGuards
    Andy LevitreOregon State
    Duke RobinsonOklahoma
    Kraig UrbikWisconsin
    Tyronne GreenAuburn
    Herman JohnsonLSUOffensive tackles
    Jason SmithBaylor
    Eugene MonroeVirginia
    *Andre SmithAlabama
    Michael OherMississippi
    *Eben BrittonArizonaDefensive endsRkPlayerSchool
    Tyson JacksonLSU
    Paul KrugerUtah
    Robert AyersTennessee
    Michael BennettTexas A&M
    Michael JohnsonGeorgia TechDefensive tackles
    B.J. RajiBoston College
    Peria JerryMississippi
    Ron BraceBoston College
    Fili MoalaSouthern California
    Evander 'Ziggy' HoodMissouriInside linebackers
    James LaurinaitisOhio State
    Rey MaualugaSouthern California
    Darry BeckwithLSU
    Dannell EllerbeGeorgia
    Jason PhillipsTexas ChristianOutside linebackers
    Aaron CurryWake Forest
    Brian OrakpoTexas
    Brian CushingSouthern California
    *Aaron MaybinPenn State
    Everette BrownFlorida StateSafeties
    Louis DelmasWestern Michigan
    Rashad JohnsonAlabama
    Patrick ChungOregon
    William MooreMissouri
    Michael HamlinClemsonCornerbacks
    Malcolm JenkinsOhio State
    *Vontae DavisIllinois
    Alphonso SmithWake Forest
    Darius ButlerConnecticut
    *D.J. MooreVanderbilt

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That is a gamble. Take a guy like Orapko that is a gamble at DE and pay him Top 3 money. Or get a LB like Curry that will is much more likely to succeed. I understand the dilemna, but I think I would rather pass on a project like Orapko or a QB to get an almost sure thing like another OL or LB. But I'm sure I will change my mind about 20 times between now and draft day.

This is another very big draft for the Chiefs. I really wish they could trade down, that would make things so much easier for the Chiefs.
    I don't know of too many teams that are willing to give up a lot to trade up in this particular draft, if mybe to get crabtree before seattle at 4.

I am a Browns fan.

My dream 1st 2 rounds is:

ILB Aaron Curry in the 1st
    and
    OLB Clay Mathews III in the 2nd.

As a Browns fan, LBs for our 3-4 is the top priority, and although Curry is a bit of a risk at 5 in a new system, I think this combo is the best LB combo I could ask for outta this draft.

You Chiefs should only have one tough decision, which OT is the best. No LB is worth a top 3 unless he comes with no questions at all. Curry is not the best value for you guys!

I did see some trade down for Rey Muauluga stuff. Rey Rey gets mention by my Browns fans too ;). Rey Rey's lack of leadership makes him not worth a top 5. Personally, I'm not for trading down for him neither, because his lack of leadership scares me as a ILB in the NFL even at 12! If the Cheifs take Curry, I do want to trade down, but for DE/OLB Everette Brown. However taking Brown will still leave us with an ILB hole, and then my Mathews 2nd rounder doesn't fit neither! So I hope for both our teams best interest you guys don't take Curry 3rd!

Sorry for the double post, wouldn't let me edit after 10 minutes!

My dream could be your dream too!

I don't want to pick between the beasts, but:

Chiefs:
    1st round - one of these OTs (Andre Smith, Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, or Jason Smith) they are all solid!

2nd round - DE/OLB Michael Johnson, although I think his stock will rise back to mid 1st after the combine, right now late 1st and even early 2nd seems to be his projection!

Browns:
    1st round -OLB Aaron Curry - I think he is worth the risk for my Browns, even though I rank him closer to 10th overall.

2nd round - Clay Mathews III - He belongs in Orange and Brown, nuff said ;).

I'm scared of my Browns staying close to home and picking either CB Malcolm Jenkins or RB Chris Wells! Jenkins looks really good, but CBs top 5 scare the shizznit outta me, lol. I don't want an injury prone RB 5th overall neither! If we draft an RB it should be Knowshon Moreno, but I don't want an RB in the top 5 anyway!
    Last edited by CanafawgPound; 02-16-2009 at 04:59 AM.

Curry is worth it. Hes the best defence of player in the draft, and we have the worst defence in the nfl. There is some other options we could go but Curry is going to give us more bang for our buck.
    If we dont pick him or trade down I wouldnt be super upset with Brian Orakpo, Andre Smith, or Michael Oher.
    Just PLEASE no QBs or WRs!!!

Why draft at RB #3? We have Charles and Smith, and hell.. we still have LJ.

Absolutely he is. Curry is without a damn question the best overall defensive player in this draft. I can say by seeing him play through the ACC(i'm a Virginia Tech fan/student), this guy should be our pick at #3. He tore it up like no other last year, he's a great kid, has leadership qualities(where REY apparently has none? i seriously doubt maualuga has not leadership qualities, but thats besides the point). Curry is a freak of nature in the weight room, good instincts, great pash rusher, showed ability to stop the run last year...he is reckoned by Scott Wright(better than Mayok AND Kiper IMO... www.draftcountdown.com ) as the best overall player in this entire draft. Take him. Look up his highlights up on youtube. He's the most legit thing to come out of the ACC, and I think we have to start somewhere. We can plug him in opposite of DJ(imagine that!), or put him at MLB/ILB if need be. I think it's no question we take this stud of a football player if the lions/rams dont get him. It would be a great pick in my opinion.
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

Anything other then Crabtree will be a total *&^*^**^ BAR and will make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Anything other then Crabtree will be a total *&^*^**^ BAR and will make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I hope you have a good doctor.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast