Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Default Is Curry worth No.3 overall?

Plain and simple....is he or isnt he worth the no.3 overall pick in the upcming 2009 nfl draft...

i would rather have Maualuga at 12-15

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    The problem with this response is that you mentioned Maualuga and Laurinaitis in the same sentence as Curry. I will say it again. I dont think you understand! Curry is the second best all around player in this draft the other linebackers are just some good linebackers.
    Yes, I did, because my focus was on leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Yes, I did, because my focus was on leadership.
    That's a good point. We do need a leader on defense. But none of those guys are worth the #3 spot. Curry is the closest and it's still questionable if the Chiefs should reach that high for a linebacker.

Curry would be my choice right now. Would also be happy with a DE; it sounds like Brown is a better pass rusher than Orakpo if we go that route. I think either would be a stretch with the 3rd pick. Would also be happy with an OT; my pick there would be Monroe, Alberts buddy from Virginia. I'd stay away from Stafford or Sanchez, we have bigger problems than QB. I wouldn't mind if we could maybe grab Bomar in the third round or something. I'm not sure he'll be there in round three.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That is a gamble. Take a guy like Orapko that is a gamble at DE and pay him Top 3 money. Or get a LB like Curry that will is much more likely to succeed. I understand the dilemna, but I think I would rather pass on a project like Orapko or a QB to get an almost sure thing like another OL or LB. But I'm sure I will change my mind about 20 times between now and draft day.

This is another very big draft for the Chiefs. I really wish they could trade down, that would make things so much easier for the Chiefs.
    For sure we've had our fair share of projects the last couple of years; I'd like to see us do a little more in the FA market, but Hunt has made it clear that is not the direction he wants to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    For sure we've had our fair share of projects the last couple of years; I'd like to see us do a little more in the FA market, but Hunt has made it clear that is not the direction he wants to go.
    However, Pioli was part of a Patriots team that was very active in FA. I think Hunt will bend to what Pioli wants. Pioli will not take the has-been FAs that Carl did. Plus, there are many young FAs worth taking this season. This should be a fun one. Put that with the drafted players, I'm excited to see the kind of turn around we have this season.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    However, Pioli was part of a Patriots team that was very active in FA. I think Hunt will bend to what Pioli wants. Pioli will not take the has-been FAs that Carl did. Plus, there are many young FAs worth taking this season. This should be a fun one. Put that with the drafted players, I'm excited to see the kind of turn around we have this season.
    That would be nice. The building a team through the draft was Herm's thing, maybe Clark will do as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I got the impression that Hunt wanted to stay young, not necessarily get everything from the draft only. But that was my interpretation, I dont think I have any quotes to where he specifically says that.

I know this probably won't be the most popular thing I have ever said, but if we could get Ray Lewis for a decent price, let's get him. He's still decent and I would love for him to instill his intensity into the rest of the defense. I keep thinkin back to '03 when we had Maslowski and the "bend but don't break" defense. He wasn't the greatest but he brought an intensity to the defense the they rallied around. When he went down with an injury the defense really faltered.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I know this probably won't be the most popular thing I have ever said, but if we could get Ray Lewis for a decent price, let's get him. He's still decent and I would love for him to instill his intensity into the rest of the defense. I keep thinkin back to '03 when we had Maslowski and the "bend but don't break" defense. He wasn't the greatest but he brought an intensity to the defense the they rallied around. When he went down with an injury the defense really faltered.
    Ray Lewis isn't a terrible idea from a pure talent perspective. But (1) he'd be too expensive for what would be a 2-3 year rental; and (2) he probably wouldn't sign here - he wants a SB, now.

Frankly, we could get Mike Peterson at a fraction of the price, avoid the headaches, and get roughly the same production if we're looking for a veteran presence on the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Ray Lewis isn't a terrible idea from a pure talent perspective. But (1) he'd be too expensive for what would be a 2-3 year rental; and (2) he probably wouldn't sign here - he wants a SB, now.

Frankly, we could get Mike Peterson at a fraction of the price, avoid the headaches, and get roughly the same production if we're looking for a veteran presence on the defense.
    Yeah but lets not get too old on D. We seen how well the Donnie Edwards expieriment worked...
    SHUT IT

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast