Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Defensive Coordinator

Default Defensive Coordinator

Personally, I think its pretty close to a given that Haley will be our new HC. Who would everyone like to see as our defensive coordinator. I was thinking about how someone (can't remember who) said they saw Dennis Green in town. I think that would be a good choice.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Romeo Crennel is a strong possibility if they want Parcells and Patriot ties.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Romeo Crennel is a strong possibility if they want Parcells and Patriot ties.
    That's right. I'd completely forgotten about him. If we get him and Haley and already havin Pioli, would we be considered Patriots West?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

I'd be good with Crennel as our DC. I wanted Dom Capers, but he's in GB now. Dom just hired Kevin Greene as his LB coach. I would have loved to have that duo helping to rebuild this defense. That's what happens when you drag your feet. GB is switching to a 3-4 and I expect their defense to one of the best in the NFL within 2-3 years.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-27-2009 at 10:00 PM.

yuk I dont want crennel :(

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I don't want Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Word..the guy did terrible in Cleavland, what would make him good in KC?

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Word..the guy did terrible in Cleavland, what would make him good in KC?
    Crennel was not a great HC, but he had very good seasons as a DC for New England. This thread is talking about whom we would like as our defensive coordinator.

In fact, Crennel won three Super Bowls in four seasons as the defensive coordinator of the New England Patriots. Crennel has participated in six Super Bowls, winning five of them during his coaching career. In case you are counting, that is 4 more Super Bowls than the Chiefs Organzation has won in its history. Remember that "Greatest Show on Turf"....Crennel slowed it down in the Super Bowl and NE shocked the HEAVILY favored Rams.

You show me a DC that has better credentials than him that is still available and I will be all ears. Until then, I'll take him over any other name that I've heard floated around. The Chiefs would be extremely lucky to get him. And with his ties to Pioli, I think we have a good chance.

Last edited by Coach; 01-28-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Crennel was not a great HC, but he had very good seasons as a DC for New England. This thread is talking about whom we would like as our defensive coordinator.

In fact, Crennel won three Super Bowls in four seasons as the defensive coordinator of the New England Patriots. Crennel has participated in six Super Bowls, winning five of them during his coaching career. In case you are counting, that is 4 more Super Bowls than the Chiefs Organzation has won in its history. Remember that "Greatest Show on Turf"....Crennel slowed it down in the Super Bowl and NE shocked the HEAVILY favored Rams.

You show me a DC that has better credentials than him that is still available and I will be all ears. Until then, I'll take him over any other name that I've heard floated around. The Chiefs would be extremely lucky to get him. And with his ties to Pioli, I think we have a good chance.

I agree. But if that happens, everyone be prepared to watch our entire defense get gutted as we move to a 3-4. You remaining fans of DJ, Dorsey, Tank, Turk, Hali, Page, etc. (i.e. everyone not named Pollard, Carr, Leggett, and Flowers) will have to watch as these guys are cut or replaced. These guys are barely big enough to play in a 4-3 - there's no way they can play in a 3-4.

EDIT: And don't be shocked if we reach for Raji at 3 to be our NT either.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 01-28-2009 at 11:09 AM.

I went back to look at some stats on the Pats defense while Crennel was there.

2001 - 20th ranked
    2002 - 24th ranked
    2003 - 7th ranked
    2004 - 9th ranked

Kind of annoying that it took him 2 years to get the defense to anything less than crap, but at least they did turn out pretty good in the end.

I have to really disagree with jlamerson about DJ. I have my doubts about Dorsey being able to play any position in a 3-4, but I think DJ is skilled, athletic, and smart enough to fit in any scheme. He gets overlooked playing in such a horrid defense, but ESPN actually ranked him as the 18th best linebacker in the NFL heading into this season. I was really impressed with his tackling towards the end of the season too.
    Last edited by yashi; 01-28-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast