Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Coordinator

Default Defensive Coordinator

Personally, I think its pretty close to a given that Haley will be our new HC. Who would everyone like to see as our defensive coordinator. I was thinking about how someone (can't remember who) said they saw Dennis Green in town. I think that would be a good choice.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This comment probably belongs here as well:

If we do bring on Haley, Bill Davis (Cardinal LB coach) sounds like a good DC candidate who would be in favor of a 4-3 under defense mixed in with some 3-4. That type of defense might be the best way to transition the team built for the 4-3 to move to the 3-4.
    I am impressed at the progress the Cardinals' linebackers have had over the season. However, how long has he been with the team? Have they became better over his years with them? I think it's important choice of who Haley brings in as DC, but I am not happy with the choice of Haley. He did play well to the strengths of the offense, but I am not sure that he can handle the leadership of an entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I am impressed at the progress the Cardinals' linebackers have had over the season. However, how long has he been with the team? Have they became better over his years with them? I think it's important choice of who Haley brings in as DC, but I am not happy with the choice of Haley. He did play well to the strengths of the offense, but I am not sure that he can handle the leadership of an entire team.
    Couldn't agree with you more. I'm also not in favor of bringing in an offensive HC. But, this is looking like it's becoming a reality. So, we need to start looking at the likely candidates that he'd bring in. I'm sure Davis is probably at the top of his list. If Davis does come and Dansby ISN'T franchised, I wouldn't be shocked to see him come. With Edwards gone, we lost the advantage we had for signing Vilma. With Rex Ryan not coming, we lost any advantage we'd have for any of the Baltimore FA's.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I'm also not in favor of bringing in an offensive HC. But, this is looking like it's becoming a reality. So, we need to start looking at the likely candidates that he'd bring in. I'm sure Davis is probably at the top of his list. If Davis does come and Dansby ISN'T franchised, I wouldn't be shocked to see him come. With Edwards gone, we lost the advantage we had for signing Vilma. With Rex Ryan not coming, we lost any advantage we'd have for any of the Baltimore FA's.
    Dansby is a fine MLB. I would like him. I thought with the youth of the Cardinals team, he would choose to stay there. But if his LB coach comes to KC as the DC, yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing him come to KC. He is a leader on defense. I would like that. However, I wouldn't mind Vilma either. Hopefully, we grab at least one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Dansby is a fine MLB. I would like him. I thought with the youth of the Cardinals team, he would choose to stay there. But if his LB coach comes to KC as the DC, yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing him come to KC. He is a leader on defense. I would like that. However, I wouldn't mind Vilma either. Hopefully, we grab at least one of them.
    Davis has alot of experience, not as a DC, but as defensive assistant and linebackers coach. If we got him and got a leg up on DAnsby, I would be all for it!!!!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

The thing about Romeo is, well we all know Bellichick was the reason for the success.

Something this organization has lacked for years is, hot coaching prospects. You need cordinators who are going to be HC's and position coaches who are going to be cordinators. Gunther excluded when was the last time a Cheif cordinator was promoted to a HC? Cowher?

A D-Coord. I'd like to see (or rather a man I'd like to take a shot at being a first time D-Coord.) would be current Steelers LB Coach Keith Butler. I'd have little problem giving him a shot at the D-Coord spot this coming year if possible seeing as how he (along with LeBeau of course) have groomed some of the best LB's in the game (Porter, Farrior, Harrison etc...).

He's developed talent and has a nose for smash mouth football coming from the Dick LeBeau stock of Steeler defenses and I think he'd be a great fit.

[quote=DT14PRIEST;116691]A D-Coord. I'd like to see (or rather a man I'd like to take a shot at being a first time D-Coord.) would be current Steelers LB Coach Keith Butler. I'd have little problem giving him a shot at the D-Coord spot this coming year if possible seeing as how he (along with LeBeau of course) have groomed some of the best LB's in the game (Porter, Farrior, Harrison etc...).

He's developed talent and has a nose for smash mouth football coming from the Dick LeBeau stock of Steeler de
    fenses and I think he'd be a great fit.[/quo

I LIKE THAT PICK

Hey Brothers, and sisters! Congrats on the hire. I wanted to check and see if you heard anything about Bowles from Miami being your next DC? Also what are some good papers to read up on for Chiefs news?

Thanks,
    John

Welcome back. I havent heard the name being passed around too much, but I wouldnt mind it. He seemed to get your D in line. And he has the whole Parcells connection thing.

Im not from KC myself, but I always look at the KC star's website. They have a blog dedicated to the Chiefs and also list recent Chief's-related article along the side. Here is the link: Red Zone

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan In Cali View Post
    Hey Brothers, and sisters! Congrats on the hire. I wanted to check and see if you heard anything about Bowles from Miami being your next DC? Also what are some good papers to read up on for Chiefs news?

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Welcome back. I havent heard the name being passed around too much, but I wouldnt mind it. He seemed to get your D in line. And he has the whole Parcells connection thing.

Im not from KC myself, but I always look at the KC star's website. They have a blog dedicated to the Chiefs and also list recent Chief's-related article along the side. Here is the link: Red Zone

Enjoy.
    Thanks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast