Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Defensive Coordinator

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Defensive Coordinator


    0 Not allowed!
    Personally, I think its pretty close to a given that Haley will be our new HC. Who would everyone like to see as our defensive coordinator. I was thinking about how someone (can't remember who) said they saw Dennis Green in town. I think that would be a good choice.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Romeo Crennel is a strong possibility if they want Parcells and Patriot ties.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Romeo Crennel is a strong possibility if they want Parcells and Patriot ties.
    That's right. I'd completely forgotten about him. If we get him and Haley and already havin Pioli, would we be considered Patriots West?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  4. #4
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,194
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'd be good with Crennel as our DC. I wanted Dom Capers, but he's in GB now. Dom just hired Kevin Greene as his LB coach. I would have loved to have that duo helping to rebuild this defense. That's what happens when you drag your feet. GB is switching to a 3-4 and I expect their defense to one of the best in the NFL within 2-3 years.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-27-2009 at 10:00 PM.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    yuk I dont want crennel :(

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    yuk I dont want crennel :(
    I don't want Haley.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    yuk I dont want crennel :(
    Word..the guy did terrible in Cleavland, what would make him good in KC?

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,194
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Word..the guy did terrible in Cleavland, what would make him good in KC?
    Crennel was not a great HC, but he had very good seasons as a DC for New England. This thread is talking about whom we would like as our defensive coordinator.

    In fact, Crennel won three Super Bowls in four seasons as the defensive coordinator of the New England Patriots. Crennel has participated in six Super Bowls, winning five of them during his coaching career. In case you are counting, that is 4 more Super Bowls than the Chiefs Organzation has won in its history. Remember that "Greatest Show on Turf"....Crennel slowed it down in the Super Bowl and NE shocked the HEAVILY favored Rams.

    You show me a DC that has better credentials than him that is still available and I will be all ears. Until then, I'll take him over any other name that I've heard floated around. The Chiefs would be extremely lucky to get him. And with his ties to Pioli, I think we have a good chance.

    Last edited by Coach; 01-28-2009 at 10:32 AM.


  9. #9
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Crennel was not a great HC, but he had very good seasons as a DC for New England. This thread is talking about whom we would like as our defensive coordinator.

    In fact, Crennel won three Super Bowls in four seasons as the defensive coordinator of the New England Patriots. Crennel has participated in six Super Bowls, winning five of them during his coaching career. In case you are counting, that is 4 more Super Bowls than the Chiefs Organzation has won in its history. Remember that "Greatest Show on Turf"....Crennel slowed it down in the Super Bowl and NE shocked the HEAVILY favored Rams.

    You show me a DC that has better credentials than him that is still available and I will be all ears. Until then, I'll take him over any other name that I've heard floated around. The Chiefs would be extremely lucky to get him. And with his ties to Pioli, I think we have a good chance.

    I agree. But if that happens, everyone be prepared to watch our entire defense get gutted as we move to a 3-4. You remaining fans of DJ, Dorsey, Tank, Turk, Hali, Page, etc. (i.e. everyone not named Pollard, Carr, Leggett, and Flowers) will have to watch as these guys are cut or replaced. These guys are barely big enough to play in a 4-3 - there's no way they can play in a 3-4.

    EDIT: And don't be shocked if we reach for Raji at 3 to be our NT either.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 01-28-2009 at 11:09 AM.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,194
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I agree. But if that happens, everyone be prepared to watch our entire defense get gutted as we move to a 3-4. You remaining fans of DJ, Dorsey, Tank, Turk, Hali, Page, etc. (i.e. everyone not named Pollard, Carr, Leggett, and Flowers) will have to watch as these guys are cut or replaced. These guys are barely big enough to play in a 4-3 - there's no way they can play in a 3-4.

    EDIT: And don't be shocked if we reach for Raji at 3 to be our NT either.
    I agree there will be some signicant cuts if we move to a 3-4. I'm not sure that is a bad thing though. Dorsey looks to be the biggest victim of that. Do you think Dorsey could be traded?

    I also agree that if we move to a 3-4, Raji will be a hard guy to pass up. He dominated everyone at the Senior Bowl except for Alex Mack.

    http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009DT.php


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •