View Poll Results: Should the Chiefs trade LJ?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 79.45%
  • No

15 20.55%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Chiefs trade LJ away?

Default Should the Chiefs trade LJ away?

We traded a Pro-bowler away, Jared Allen. We did get compensated draft picks. Jared wanted out, he hated the King and more. Now, Johnson wants out.

The difference is Johnson plays on his emotions. Larry said he does NOT want to play for the Chiefs. In fact, for my point of view he hasn't tried to make a big impact.

It all started when he held out of training camp for a raise. I don't think he ever really like Kansas City to begin with. In 2005, I saw alot of effort when he took the ball, and in 06' he struggled because the offensive line struggled. Then he broke his ankle or what ever. In 07' he lacked the ability's to make quick cut backs. In 08' it just got worse. I will give him credit to the line not blocking and Herm for not conditioning him or even the rest of the team for that matter.

We have Kobly Smith and Jamal Charles. I think they will do just fine, in the mean time patch up that oline with the 3rd round pick we recive from his trade. I think we can get a third rounder for him.

So what do you think?

Get rid of him now while he still has some value although I don't think they get to much for him.

cause we won't get enuf for him, probably more valuable to us to keep him

Ah, this has been discussed numerous times in this forum. You might want to considering reading some previous posts before starting new threads on your own.
    Having said that, nobody in their right mind is gonna trade for a 30 y/o rb with sh!t attitude and a huge contract.
    If we can trade LJ for - say - a can of dog food (Aldi's), I'd say make the trade.
    Otherwise we squeeze out the remainder of his 47 mil contract extension on the field, or eat his contract and release him.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Ah, this has been discussed numerous times in this forum. You might want to considering reading some previous posts before starting new threads on your own.
    Having said that, nobody in their right mind is gonna trade for a 30 y/o rb with sh!t attitude and a huge contract.
    If we can trade LJ for - say - a can of dog food (Aldi's), I'd say make the trade.
    Otherwise we squeeze out the remainder of his 47 mil contract extension on the field, or eat his contract and release him.
    I didn't see any on the first page, and I didn't bother going back. I think some team might want him and are willing to give a late round pick for him. Seahawks??? Possibly AZ if they don't want Edge around or he doesnt want to stick. Bears, Lions...I could see him going to Denver with their RB situation with all their RB's getting hurt. Houston might like a decent back up, along with the Browns. I could even see him going to NE.

I think all those teams could use a decent RB, he could be a backup to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I didn't see any on the first page, and I didn't bother going back. I think some team might want him and are willing to give a late round pick for him. Seahawks??? Possibly AZ if they don't want Edge around or he doesnt want to stick. Bears, Lions...I could see him going to Denver with their RB situation with all their RB's getting hurt. Houston might like a decent back up, along with the Browns. I could even see him going to NE.

I think all those teams could use a decent RB, he could be a backup to someone.
    I gotta agree with you Honda that the above teams need rb help, but LJ? I don't know. He's not the same back as he was 3-4 years ago, is a locker room cancer, and has a huge contract that somebodys' gotta eat. I mean - why bother? Why not just draft a young, hungry back?
    SHUT IT

No we do not trade him. We make him shut the hell up, get his a$$ straighten out and play football, or ride the bench for the rest of your NFL career.
    He is not good trade value anyway.

good bye LJ, I wont miss you. Honestly, we will probabaly have to cut him, his contract is way bigger than hes worth and everyone knows he has a bad attitude~

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    No we do not trade him. We make him shut the hell up, get his a$$ straighten out and play football, or ride the bench for the rest of your NFL career.
    He is not good trade value anyway.
    It's pretty obvious LJ lacks the discipline to sit down and shut up. Multiple allegations of beating women, temper tantrums on the field and whining to the press. Let's face it, LJ had a couple good seasons and hasn't done squat since. He may end up with a longer suspension pending the outcome of his court case this spring. He's too much of a risk for the Chiefs or any other team. I think the most we get offered is maybe a fourth round pick, if that. I think the Chiefs cut him if they dont get an offer. The Chiefs are starting a new era with Spioli and the next head coach and the last thing either of them want is LJ's whiny @ss demanding trades or demanding more carries. He's worn out his welcome in KC.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I gotta agree with you Honda that the above teams need rb help, but LJ? I don't know. He's not the same back as he was 3-4 years ago, is a locker room cancer, and has a huge contract that somebodys' gotta eat. I mean - why bother? Why not just draft a young, hungry back?
    IMO, there are not that many great RB's this year. They got Moreno as the Number 1 in the RB's. Second is Benie Wells, his is injury prone. and 3rd is McCoy. Thats from ESPNs top 32 scout list. If your looking at 8 or 9 teams there are not enough top ranked backs....but then to consider in that there could be a 5th round pick up at RB who could be a total stud.

Bottom line is the you cant rely on the draft for good player. Its a risk.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast