Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft Lacks Pass Rush

Default Draft Lacks Pass Rush

This is not a wonderful draft year for the Chiefs. We need pass rushers. We need some bad. More than anything else on the team. And that is exactly what the draft barely has. If we don't pick at least 1 legit pass rusher in the Free Agency, we could be doomed on defense for yet another year...

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Honestly I glad we traded Allen. OK OK he is a stud, but he wanted out and we got a pretty good deal for him

IF we sign Suggs to be our new DE.

Jared Allen is 26 (5 years Experience)

Terrell Suggs is also 26 (6 years Experience)

The Viks paid Allen about 73 mill. I'm guessing we can get Suggs for cheaper in FA. I think Suggs we be just as good as Allen was for us at DE.

SOOOOOOOOO IF WE GET SUGGS

Jared Allen

FOR

Terrell Suggs, Brandon Albert, Jamal Charles and DaJuan Morgan

I say we will end up with the better deal LOL.

I know we didn't GET Suggs from the Allen trade, BUT if we would of kept Allen we would have to of paid him around 70mill JUST like we will for Suggs BUT we also gained 3 other draft picks.
    We could of got nothing out Jared Allen. After CP screwed him over, JA didn't want to play for the Chiefs. The Chiefs got what they could for him once the bridge was burned.

[<OL> Everette Brown, Florida State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 250.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
    Projected Round (2009): Top 10 Pick.
    1/9/09: The top 3-4 end in this class, Everette Brown notched 21.5 TFL, 13.5 sacks and four forced fumbles in 2008.

11/16/08: Everette Brown's production has been amazing this season. In nine games, he has 15 TFL and nine sacks, which could prompt him to declare early.

Brian Orakpo, Texas
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.66.
    Projected Round (2009): Top 12 Pick.
    1/9/09: Brian Orakpo finished the year with 15.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks, but struggled against Alex Boone in the Nacho Cheese Doritos Fiesta Bowl. The latest I could see him going is No. 11 to Buffalo, though the Chiefs could still take him at No. 3.

11/16/08: Brian Orakpo has been dominant this season, registering 13 TFL ands 8.5 sacks in nine games. He'll thrive at the combine as well, so it's likely he'll be a top-three selection come April.]

Between the top two I like Everette Brown because of what he did from midseason to the end of it, compared to what Orakpo. There has been alot of talk about him here but with stats in front of me I like Brown more. IMO

Honestly I glad we traded Allen. OK OK he is a stud, but he wanted out and we got a pretty good deal for him

IF we sign Suggs to be our new DE.

Jared Allen is 26 (5 years Experience)

Terrell Suggs is also 26 (6 years Experience)

The Viks paid Allen about 73 mill. I'm guessing we can get Suggs for cheaper in FA. I think Suggs we be just as good as Allen was for us at DE.

SOOOOOOOOO IF WE GET SUGGS

Jared Allen

FOR

Terrell Suggs, Brandon Albert, Jamal Charles and DaJuan Morgan

I say we will end up with the better deal LOL.

I know we didn't GET Suggs from the Allen trade, BUT if we would of kept Allen we would have to of paid him around 70mill JUST like we will for Suggs BUT we also gained 3 other draft picks.
    I'm not so sure about your policework there, Lou. You seem to be confusing FA with a trade.

If we kept JA, signed Suggs for the opposite end, and drafted a top-end LT this year, we'd be a almost a respectable team.

Would it be an expensive set of bookends? Sure. Are we a kajilion dollars under the cap even with these deals? Sure.

The JA trade was necessary because of the idiocy of CP/Herm. But lets not pretend that the Chiefs were on the winning end of anything there.

Plus, Suggs has already made apparent he's staying in Baltimore if possible.

It would of been stupid to replace Hali with the way he played the two years before this one. So know way would the Chiefs of replaced him no matter if we kept or still traded Allen.

OK if not Suggs then we get Peppers.

I really think Suggs or Peppers can be just as good here as Allen was.

Also: Allen would of been a FA the following year and we would of lost him anyways. I think we made out like bandits /shrug with our team still having Herm as HC and young players Allen being on our team would not of made that big of a impact this last season, but getting Albert and Jamal will turn out great.

It would of been stupid to replace Hali with the way he played the two years before this one. So know way would the Chiefs of replaced him no matter if we kept or still traded Allen.

OK if not Suggs then we get Peppers.

I really think Suggs or Peppers can be just as good here as Allen was.

Also: Allen would of been a FA the following year and we would of lost him anyways. I think we made out like bandits /shrug with our team still having Herm as HC and young players Allen being on our team would not of made that big of a impact this last season, but getting Albert and Jamal will turn out great.
    I also think Peppers will be a good addition. He will fill that void left by Allen. Peppers alongside Dorsey and Hali will make a pretty good D-line.

The Allen trade had to happen. Even though he got us more sacks and FFs, we only won two more games with him. At where we were sitting in the draft, we could not reach for the OT we needed, but we needed a top candidate to fill that position. Carl did well in that trade. Allen is happy with the Vikings. I cannot be changed so let's just drop it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12