Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albert Haynesworth

Default Albert Haynesworth

So according to ESPN, Haynesworth is not planning on giving a hometeam discount to the Titans. Which means that he wants to go where he can get the most $$. Which makes it a possibility we may be able to pay him enough to come here.

I definitely would love to have him next to Dorsey. Both as a mentor and to free some pressure off the rest of the line.

If we could get him and Peppers or Suggs (sounding less likely), I think we would have a GREAT D-line. I think Peppers (or Suggs)/Dorsey/Haynesworth/Hali would be pretty damn good with Tank and Turk rotating in. Obviously this would only work if we kept the 4-3, and I dont think we could afford a top-tier FA LB. Which we would also need.

The only problem is that I have questions about Haynesworth's durability. I dont think he has gone a whole season without missing a few games due to injury.

Here is the article from ESPN's rumor page:
    Will Haynesworth give a hometown discount?
    Albert Haynesworth | Titans | Interested: Panthers? Falcons?
    Unlike Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs, Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is not going to give the team a hometown discount during negotiations for a new contract. That is, "not unless they give me a 100 percent guaranteed contract," as he told the Tennessean on Thursday.
    "You want to try and make as much as you can because if you have a career-ending injury you are out," Haynesworth told the paper, "and the team sure as heck is not going to pay you. It's not like baseball or basketball. You want to get as much as possible."

Although specific demands have not been stated by Haynesworth or his agent, Chad Speck, it is believed that he's interested in a six-year deal that would make him the highest-paid defensive player in the league. Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen is currently in that role, and he signed a six-year deal last offseason with $32 million guaranteed and $12.2 million per season.

Haynesworth told the Nashville City Paper, "Like I said, Tennessee has the first shot. We'll see how that goes, and if it doesn't go well, I could see the free agent market. I started my NFL career there. I'd love to retire in the same jersey. My kids are there. My kids were born there. It's a lot of history. I played at the University of Tennessee. There's a lot of stuff that factors in, but we've just got to see how it works out. Either way I want to stay by my kids and stay by my house in Knoxville." Because of this desire to stay close to his home, the Paper's Terry McCormick speculates that the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers would be likely destinations should he not re-sign with Tennessee.

I think he would be worth every penny .

You can't seriously think we could get Peppers and Haynesworth do you? This isn't Madden. No offense. It would have to be either one or the other. If either. Hopefully Pioli is more aggresive in the Free Agent Market than Carl was. If he is then we might be able to get one of them. Plus you have to take into account if they even want to play for such a low caliber team.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    You can't seriously think we could get Peppers and Haynesworth do you? This isn't Madden. No offense. It would have to be either one or the other. If either. Hopefully Pioli is more aggresive in the Free Agent Market than Carl was. If he is then we might be able to get one of them. Plus you have to take into account if they even want to play for such a low caliber team.
    We have, I believe, over 30 mil in cap space right now (Im not positive on that number). And I am not taking into consideration any cap hits from cuts, etc. I have no idea about how the details of the salary cap work. That being said, it is possible, but we wouldnt have any money for a good FA LB. But a DL that good could potentially mask a lot of deficiencies in the LB corps.

Not sure I would want AH, I mean the guy is a monster but if you cant play the entire season that does not go with me very well, our luck it would be at an important time and who no's how many in a row he would miss. I say go and GET peppers either way.

Haynesworth is a beast that would be a definite difference maker right off, but he's become a bit injury prone over the last couple of seasons. I dunno if I'd want that. I wouldn't mind him training Dorsey, though.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Not sure I would want AH, I mean the guy is a monster but if you cant play the entire season that does not go with me very well, our luck it would be at an important time and who no's how many in a row he would miss. I say go and GET peppers either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Haynesworth is a beast that would be a definite difference maker right off, but he's become a bit injury prone over the last couple of seasons. I dunno if I'd want that. I wouldn't mind him training Dorsey, though.

Agreed, the game takes a huge toll on the body, and the longer you play the worse it can get.

We can afford BOTH Haynesworth and Peppers. Then just draft Curry or Maualuga to play LB no problems.

Will it happen? Probably not but if we can get Cowher on board then I honestly think a lot of FA's might think KC is the place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    We can afford BOTH Haynesworth and Peppers. Then just draft Curry or Maualuga to play LB no problems.

Will it happen? Probably not but if we can get Cowher on board then I honestly think a lot of FA's might think KC is the place to be.
    Cowher isn't going to happen, how's out of coaching for at least one more year.

Depending on the price Haynesworth is asking for (said to want to be the most expensive defensive player), then the Chiefs will not make a move for him. Main reason being that DT is not a weakness. The players we have are average and can get by for now. I have questions about his work ethic and willingness to play, which makes me more cautious of the guy. I like him, want him to help our defense, but I am not sure we'll get the same Albert Haynesworth from this season.

Chiefs pass to grab one of the more glaring needs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast