Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: running back depth

Default running back depth

It appears we might not have seen the last of Priest Holmes in Kansas City. According to a report from 610 Sports in Kansas City, Holmes is planning a comeback. If true, this makes things very interesting for Larry Johnson and the Chiefs. When the report broke late Tuesday evening, league sources confirmed it’s probable that if Holmes is medically cleared, he’ll show up sometime in the first three of four days of training camp next week. The addition of Holmes would put a cramp in KC’s contract talks with Alvin Keels, Johnson’s agent. Granted, Priest doesn’t really fit into Herm Edwards’ plans, but nonetheless he’d make a solid third-down back. This news most likely won’t sit well with Johnson, considering he’s going to hold out. With Holmes back, he needs to tread carefully or his value may decrease in the eyes of the organization. That means trade talks with the Green Bay Packers could intensify over the next week.

Source: Nick Athan, Warpaint Illustrated

Just thought I would post this, as it is still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It appears we might not have seen the last of Priest Holmes in Kansas City. According to a report from 610 Sports in Kansas City, Holmes is planning a comeback. If true, this makes things very interesting for Larry Johnson and the Chiefs. When the report broke late Tuesday evening, league sources confirmed it’s probable that if Holmes is medically cleared, he’ll show up sometime in the first three of four days of training camp next week. The addition of Holmes would put a cramp in KC’s contract talks with Alvin Keels, Johnson’s agent. Granted, Priest doesn’t really fit into Herm Edwards’ plans, but nonetheless he’d make a solid third-down back. This news most likely won’t sit well with Johnson, considering he’s going to hold out. With Holmes back, he needs to tread carefully or his value may decrease in the eyes of the organization. That means trade talks with the Green Bay Packers could intensify over the next week.

Source: Nick Athan, Warpaint Illustrated

Just thought I would post this, as it is still possible.
    I really hope this doesn't happen. Priest is D U N!!! This would just be a distraction that we don't need.

I love Priest. He seems to me like the kind of guy that would admit it if he feels he can't perform. If he is cleared to come back, I would love to see Priest back on the field. Let's see, he's an awesome runner who smells the end zone like a blood hound chasing a bleeding skunk. He's a good receiver out of the backfield and, oh yea, he's better at picking up a blitz than LJ.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I too am skeptical of a comeback from Priest, but a part of me actually hopes he can.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I really hope this doesn't happen. Priest is D U N!!! This would just be a distraction that we don't need.
    LJ is a distraction that we don't need, but you love him!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Canada, what did you blow all your ArrowCash on?

You wait and see who the starting QB is and then check out how much cash i got!! All eggs 1 Basket!! I am gonna be an Arrowcash millionaire...of a hobo!! Hey!! I am being pessimistic again!! Whee or woop or hoot!! Whatever it is :)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

WOOT! dude WOOT!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

there is no freaking way queen carl is dumb enough,even for him, to use the return of holmes as leverage against lj. not a 34 year old back who hasnt played in 2 years. holmes is riding on his past now. he`ll have yo prove himself all over again.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    there is no freaking way queen carl is dumb enough,even for him, to use the return of holmes as leverage against lj. not a 34 year old back who hasnt played in 2 years. holmes is riding on his past now. he`ll have yo prove himself all over again.

Agreed.

Nite Crowd!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast