Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: should the kc chiefs go after ray lewis

Default should the kc chiefs go after ray lewis

i seen he's going to be an unrestricted free agent! just a thought but he is getting old

Ray Lewis is getting to old to play in the NFL. If you need proof, look at his Pot Belly. Yes he is still putting up good numbers, but he is at the point where he body will just call it quits at any moment, IE Donnie Edwads.

We are rebuilding. Lets not set us back by signing a guy near retirement.

Ray Lewis is a great player and he would do great things with the Chiefs but he is a temporary plug in. He does not have much time left in the NFL...

I would take him for the next year or two!! No Doubt!!

Why go for him? He has a "comeback year" so t speak and now he is worth big $$ ??? LOL!

He has 2 decent years left at BEST and usually when the OLD vets have a comeback year, their next couple of years are all downers.

Ray Lewis is a Raven through and through just as Joe Montana was a 49er.

If he comes here, it is only for a payday and/or to massage his own ego by being able to play at a good level in his latter years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    Ray Lewis is a great player and he would do great things with the Chiefs but he is a temporary plug in. He does not have much time left in the NFL...

I would take him for the next year or two!! No Doubt!!
    Ray Lewis has oustanding talent around him. He has a great D Line, great OlB, great cornres and great safeties.

Bring him to KC, and you will find Kendrel Bell Part Deux.

So I click on this thread and on the first page of posts, I see a first ballot Hall of Famer who happens to argueably be the greatest Linebacker in NFL history being compared to Donnie Edwards and Kendrell Bell. You know where this is going, dont even respond. Since its now illegal to use the belt, I order both of you trouble makers to time out.

As far as us getting Ray; Ray Lewis is EXACTLY what we need. He is not the future. He is the man who, for the next two years, teaches these kids what it takes to be great. He raises the emotional level of the entire team by leaps and bounds. He gives this franchise a leader that they have NEVER had. Derrick Thomas, Tony Gonzales and Len Dawson combined could not show a fraction of the leadership that this man would show. He makes everybody accountable for thier actions. This is a man who would be taking the calls via headset for the entire defense and distrbuting strict orders all game long. Ray Lewis is NEVER out of position, NEVER beat on play action, and can NEVER be shaken by anything, no matter how the big the play is or how big the game is. If you guys havent noticed, successfully rebuilding isnt done by signing ONLY young players. Pioli knows this and thats why he would jump at the oppurtunity to sign a Ray Lewis. Ray could bring this defense to new heights and then pass the rains to some young prospect two years from now. You dont want that?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I think he's spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    So I click on this thread and on the first page of posts, I see a first ballot Hall of Famer who happens to argueably be the greatest Linebacker in NFL history being compared to Donnie Edwards and Kendrell Bell. You know where this is going, dont even respond. Since its now illegal to use the belt, I order both of you trouble makers to time out.

As far as us getting Ray; Ray Lewis is EXACTLY what we need. He is not the future. He is the man who, for the next two years, teaches these kids what it takes to be great. He raises the emotional level of the entire team by leaps and bounds. He gives this franchise a leader that they have NEVER had. Derrick Thomas, Tony Gonzales and Len Dawson combined could not show a fraction of the leadership that this man would show. He makes everybody accountable for thier actions. This is a man who would be taking the calls via headset for the entire defense and distrbuting strict orders all game long. Ray Lewis is NEVER out of position, NEVER beat on play action, and can NEVER be shaken by anything, no matter how the big the play is or how big the game is. If you guys havent noticed, successfully rebuilding isnt done by signing ONLY young players. Pioli knows this and thats why he would jump at the oppurtunity to sign a Ray Lewis. Ray could bring this defense to new heights and then pass the rains to some young prospect two years from now. You dont want that?
    I'm reminded of our game in "03" against the Raven's where Ray kept whining to his coach that he was being double teamed. Roaf man handled him that game.

You know, I can't stand the guy as a person, and would rather not have him here. However, if we did get him, he would be one hell of a leader on the defense and would bring it every game.

He has kept his nose clean since that bar incident though.

I don't know. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    You know, I can't stand the guy as a person, and would rather not have him here. However, if we did get him, he would be one hell of a leader on the defense and would bring it every game.

He has kept his nose clean since that bar incident though.

I don't know. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Yup, we've gone after wrose I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post

However, if we sign a young MLB from free agency like Jonathan Vilma or Karlos Dansby, would you say Ray Lewis is a better choice than one of those guys? I have to say no because while Lewis a great player and a great leader, he will still ask for a similar price but we'll get him for less years. You have to wonder how much was covered up of Lewis' decline because of the 3-4 defense the Ravens ran. I understand what you mean by him mentoring a young defense, but unless they pick up both a young MLB and Lewis (which would be expensive), I'm not sure it's worth it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast