Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: should the kc chiefs go after ray lewis

Default should the kc chiefs go after ray lewis

i seen he's going to be an unrestricted free agent! just a thought but he is getting old

HE will most likely stay with the Ravens. Even if it means a pay cut, BUT him and Suggs are Really close and if we could land a guy like Cowher as HC and make the switch to a 3-4 then maybe Suggs and Lewis would come to KC as a pair MUAHAHAHA

no.

good player still, great motivator, also helped his friends murder someone.

I dont like that :/

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    i seen he's going to be an unrestricted free agent! just a thought but he is getting old
    Unless we offered Ray Lewis way in excess of his market value, there's no way he comes to the Chiefs. We have the wrong personnel and scheme as far as he's concerned.

And since our defense isn't exactly one player away from being decent, I don't see the point of overpaying Ray Lewis for what should be really only a 2-3 year window.

nope keep him out of here

I would say yeah probably. But he is faithful to the Ravens and wont be leaving.

On ESPN.com, when they asked Ray what he felt about the hometown discount that Suggs mentioned, he gave a vague answer that sounded to me like he was willing to go somewhere else if the price was right.

He said something to the effect of brotherhood is great, but it comes down to business. To me in sports business = $$. I dont think he is as loyal to the Ravens as everyone thinks.

That being said, I think the only way I would consider him is if we went to a 3-4 and drafted a MLB like maualuga. Since Ray only has 2-3 years left, I wouldnt mind overpaying him to mentor maualuga for two or 3 years and instill some pride into our defense. But otherwise I dont think he will be playing long enough to want to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    On ESPN.com, when they asked Ray what he felt about the hometown discount that Suggs mentioned, he gave a vague answer that sounded to me like he was willing to go somewhere else if the price was right.

He said something to the effect of brotherhood is great, but it comes down to business. To me in sports business = $$. I dont think he is as loyal to the Ravens as everyone thinks.

That being said, I think the only way I would consider him is if we went to a 3-4 and drafted a MLB like maualuga. Since Ray only has 2-3 years left, I wouldnt mind overpaying him to mentor maualuga for two or 3 years and instill some pride into our defense. But otherwise I dont think he will be playing long enough to want to come here.
    Well, he would also need for us to get an effective NT - remember him pushing for Ngata?

We need to stop this - there's no way Ray Lewis suits up for us in 2009. We don't have the title aspirations or the personnel to entice him.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Well, he would also need for us to get an effective NT - remember him pushing for Ngata?

We need to stop this - there's no way Ray Lewis suits up for us in 2009. We don't have the title aspirations or the personnel to entice him.
    Agreed. Not to mention we don't have Rex Ryan. He will either go to the Jets or stay with the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Agreed. Not to mention we don't have Rex Ryan. He will either go to the Jets or stay with the Ravens.
    I don't see him going to the Jets simply because they don't have the cap room.

Ray Lewis will retire a Raven.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast