Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: should the kc chiefs go after ray lewis

Default should the kc chiefs go after ray lewis

i seen he's going to be an unrestricted free agent! just a thought but he is getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    So I click on this thread and on the first page of posts, I see a first ballot Hall of Famer who happens to argueably be the greatest Linebacker in NFL history being compared to Donnie Edwards and Kendrell Bell. You know where this is going, dont even respond. Since its now illegal to use the belt, I order both of you trouble makers to time out.

As far as us getting Ray; Ray Lewis is EXACTLY what we need. He is not the future. He is the man who, for the next two years, teaches these kids what it takes to be great. He raises the emotional level of the entire team by leaps and bounds. He gives this franchise a leader that they have NEVER had. Derrick Thomas, Tony Gonzales and Len Dawson combined could not show a fraction of the leadership that this man would show. He makes everybody accountable for thier actions. This is a man who would be taking the calls via headset for the entire defense and distrbuting strict orders all game long. Ray Lewis is NEVER out of position, NEVER beat on play action, and can NEVER be shaken by anything, no matter how the big the play is or how big the game is. If you guys havent noticed, successfully rebuilding isnt done by signing ONLY young players. Pioli knows this and thats why he would jump at the oppurtunity to sign a Ray Lewis. Ray could bring this defense to new heights and then pass the rains to some young prospect two years from now. You dont want that?
    The pats and Pioli were known for signing average players that fit into a system built around the foundation of drafted players that worked as a team. The team made each player better. This is even what Pioli said he will do the day we hired him.

Other than Randy Moss they did not go out and get end of the career aged high dollar players. In fact they rarely even kept their own high dollar aged players.

Ray Ray, is getting old. I understand what type of player he was or is. Fact of the matter, based on the amount of play and his age. Come opening day next year, his body may just call it quits and he would be only 25% the player you expect. This is why Willie Roaf retired, It is why Will Shields had a poor performance his last year before retiring. It is why Donnie Edwards was a horrible signing. It is why Ty Law crapped out, it is why Pat Surtain is basically done.

I understand the attitue and player Ray Ray WAS.... It is not a good signing for the Chiefs. I can understand the signing under the CP era.. but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think he's spent.
    He is definately close to spent. The guy has a bigger pot belly than I do. Signs are showing that his body isn't young anymore.

Hire Ray Lewis to be the Linebackers COACH!! Now, that is worth talking about! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    He is definately close to spent. The guy has a bigger pot belly than I do. Signs are showing that his body isn't young anymore.
    Pot belly or not, he still made 84 solo tackles last season, his highest number since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Hire Ray Lewis to be the Linebackers COACH!! Now, that is worth talking about! LOL!

I like this idea~

I understand what you guys are saying about him getting old...but man...Ray Lewis is Ray Lewis. He is an amazing leader in the locker room...on the field. Kurt Warner turned the Cardinals into a championship team. If Ray Lewis still has a few years left in the tank I would sign him at the same cost as a younger guy like Vilma or Dansby. You cant teach a player leadership. Ray Lewis could get hurt in week 1 of the season, but he still will have a dramatic impact on the sidelines to all of his teammates. I understand cap this cap that... money this and money that...but at the end of the day you really gotta sit down and think about what Ray Lewis will do for your football team. Tony G provides alot of leadership, but Ray provides the intensity and leadership before, during and after games. The Chiefs dont have a guy like this that can pump his team up...that is why the Chiefs need to seriously think about this as one of their LB options

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I'm reminded of our game in "03" against the Raven's where Ray kept whining to his coach that he was being double teamed. Roaf man handled him that game.
    Actually I recall him running his mouth to Will Shields. Saying, so it is gong to be like that Huh Will... Will Shields responded, All night baby...

Then the It isn't possible, It just isn't possible, crap. The very next play, Jordan Black, playing RG for Will Shields pancaked Ray.. And then Madden pointed out that it was just one guy.

I also remember how he came out of the tunnel when they introduced him with his dance. I also recall the Chiefs saying after the game, that his dance motivated them to kick his Arse.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Pot belly or not, he still made 84 solo tackles last season, his highest number since 2004.
    Again, I would like to point out that he has talent at every position around him. I doubt seeing Ray Ray making 84 tackles for the Chiefs if he is easily blocked because three is no need for any offense to double team the Chiefs defensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Actually I recall him running his mouth to Will Shields. Saying, so it is gong to be like that Huh Will... Will Shields responded, All night baby...

Then the It isn't possible, It just isn't possible, crap. The very next play, Jordan Black, playing RG for Will Shields pancaked Ray.. And then Madden pointed out that it was just one guy.

I also remember how he came out of the tunnel when they introduced him with his dance. I also recall the Chiefs saying after the game, that his dance motivated them to kick his Arse.
    It was great watching him get manhandled.

DJ is an outside LB~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast