Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: should the kc chiefs go after ray lewis

Default should the kc chiefs go after ray lewis

i seen he's going to be an unrestricted free agent! just a thought but he is getting old

KC is now the youngest team in the NFL and Lewis is almost 34 so no I don't see him comming to Kansas City.....

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    no.

good player still, great motivator, also helped his friends murder someone.

I dont like that :/
    Murder? Did he go to trial for it?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

No thanks, if we are signing a free agent LB it should be Vilma. He is younger, which we need. People who can gel together for a year or two before we make a Super Bowl run. (wishful thinking)

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    no.

good player still, great motivator, also helped his friends murder someone.

I dont like that :/
    A killer? Isn't that what you want from a defensive leader and your middle linebacker?

Quote Originally Posted by Chieffaninfl View Post
    No thanks, if we are signing a free agent LB it should be Vilma. He is younger, which we need. People who can gel together for a year or two before we make a Super Bowl run. (wishful thinking)
    Agreed. Ray Lewis will not make a big enough mark to worthy of having him in KC.

I don't know. He'd bring that killer attitude to this defense. This defense has looked lost and soft the last few seasons. He'd bring that tenacity and show this young team what it takes to be a successful defense in the NFL. There's no denying that he'd bring an entire paradigm shift to this defense and would completely change the culture of the defense's attitude. He's an undeniable leader and that's something this defense is desperately lacking.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in as long as he was the cherry on top. I wouldn't condone bringing him in as the key to your franchise. If we were able to address other needs first and his signing wouldn't interfere, then I'd say hell yeah, bring him in.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I don't know. He'd bring that killer attitude to this defense. This defense has looked lost and soft the last few seasons. He'd bring that tenacity and show this young team what it takes to be a successful defense in the NFL. There's no denying that he'd bring an entire paradigm shift to this defense and would completely change the culture of the defense's attitude. He's an undeniable leader and that's something this defense is desperately lacking.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in as long as he was the cherry on top. I wouldn't condone bringing him in as the key to your franchise. If we were able to address other needs first and his signing wouldn't interfere, then I'd say hell yeah, bring him in.
    But think about how expensive that would be. If we are talking about bringing in a guy like Vilma or Dansby, would they not be adequate leaders on defense? I can understand Ray Lewis would be inspirational, but this all goes to what kind of defense will we be running. If we are running a 4-3, can Lewis still cover enough ground to play LB? The 3-4 Ravens defense may have disguised some of his loss of speed. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    But think about how expensive that would be. If we are talking about bringing in a guy like Vilma or Dansby, would they not be adequate leaders on defense? I can understand Ray Lewis would be inspirational, but this all goes to what kind of defense will we be running. If we are running a 4-3, can Lewis still cover enough ground to play LB? The 3-4 Ravens defense may have disguised some of his loss of speed. Just a thought.
    From what everyone believes, it sounds like we could be making the switch over to the 3-4. But you're right, if we can get Vilma and Dansby, there would be no room for Lewis. And I do realize how expensive he'd be. But, you just never know what's going to happen in free agency each year. If he's still on the market and he'll come cheaper than expected, he'd be worth bringing in.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    From what everyone believes, it sounds like we could be making the switch over to the 3-4. But you're right, if we can get Vilma and Dansby, there would be no room for Lewis. And I do realize how expensive he'd be. But, you just never know what's going to happen in free agency each year. If he's still on the market and he'll come cheaper than expected, he'd be worth bringing in.
    No doubt. I would love to have Ray Lewis. But we do not have the personnel to make a complete change over to a 3-4 defense. This season will be interesting. j I don't mind whatever way we go.

Hey, maybe we could bring in Vick too?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast